Clutch line info needed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagco1

Reaction score
Can some 1 tell me how long is the clutch line is from the master cylinder to the hard tube that the clutch line screws on top of the motor.

Also what is the screw size and pitch thread that go's in the female end of the stock clutch line on top of the motor.

"O" can I install 10mm x 1.25 pitch banjo screw and 10mm banjo fitting direct to the slave cylinder, and remove the stock hard line to it.

Attachments

• P1070682.jpg
    P1070682.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 41
  • P1070685.jpg
    P1070685.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 41
The answer to the last question is yes. That L shaped rigid line has a banjo on the hidden end that is fixed by a 10x1.25 bolt. I have a line here but no tape so I can't help you

Putting the line all the way to the slave is definitely able to be done but it sucks when you need to get to that line for any service (though I guess there isn't a lot of that needing to be done). Just requires removal of the mid gear cover to do it.

Putting the line all the way to the slave is definitely able to be done but it sucks when you need to get to that line for any service (though I guess there isn't a lot of that needing to be done). Just requires removal of the mid gear cover to do it.

Thanks wildweasel_pt,

Sean do you no the fitting size that go to the hard pipe on top of the motor case. It will save me some time searching out a fitting for it. Any luck on the clutch line how long it is. If not I will go head and pull it.

Going to make a line for it.

I don't have the line length in my head. Would need to measure one of the lines I have around here. The fitting under the cover is the same as the fitting on the master (as noted earlier in this thread).

I don't have the line length in my head. Would need to measure one of the lines I have around here. The fitting under the cover is the same as the fitting on the master (as noted earlier in this thread).

Sean the size of the male screw going in the female fitting of the soft brake line on top of the motor case. I may run the line from there. Where my finger is in the pic.
Size and pitch thread.

Thanks

Attachments

• P1070682.jpg
    P1070682.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 31
Is there a potato baking in the battery tray? LOL

Funny, I'm am on pain pills from the car crush.

I'm not talking about the banjo behind the silver plate now I got that, but the 1 on top right where my finger is - where it screws right in the fitting on the hose on top. This info I did not receive yet.

I don't know the size but it's a unique fitting. The Galfer lines require the addition of a brass "pill" to be used when putting the line on.

Sean

I don't know the size but it's a unique fitting. The Galfer lines require the addition of a brass "pill" to be used when putting the line on.

Sean

Thanks for trying, I will pulling it and match the thread to see what size it is.

Are you upgrading the stock line? Using Sean suggestion of a single line is the most fail proof way to go, plush with a SS line you get all your lever travel as pressure at the slave cylinder, a big plus if your using a heavier duty clutch.

Redbone, making the lines my self, I did the front last year, Rear brake line few days ago and going to do clutch line. Maybe over the weekend. Was not sure yet on how I was going to hook it up, At the slave cylinder or at the hard line on top the motor case. But think I will run it from the slave cylinder.
I did have the DD clutch plates install but pulled 1 off not riding hard like use to.
Plus on long rides lift hand starts hurt a little.

"O" the oil pressure line and mount the gauge on the handle bar.

I think that fitting is similar to the ones used on the pressure gauges. Just ask the guy that provide you with the banjos and fittings.

Latest posts

Back