frame alignment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x-iled

Reaction score
hi, im restarting my vmax project but going a totally different route this time. trying to create a cafe racer out of it. i have made a frame jig to hold my modified frame in place as i will be doing quite abit of changes to it.

Question is, when i was trying to find the centerline from the neck tube, i realised my swingarm mounts and the 2 bottom frame tubing doesnt seem to be equidistant from the centerline. i ended up using the top frame tubes (the ones beside the airbox) to catch my centerline.

Does anyone have any experience with the vmax frame so that you can shed some light here? is the vmax frame really skewed or am i doing something wrong.? any help or input is apprecieated. Thanks!!!

Welcome back Foo. You are going to resume your thread on CF?

Fred!!! Lol it's been such a long time my friend! So sorry for pulling the disappearing act on you guys. A lot happened the past few years. Life caught on, got married,carved out my career , got a house and a beautiful daughter lol.. So yeah the past 6 yrs of my life was these. Now I'm setting aside some time to finish my vmax build. I never got the streetfighter finished and it felt like an unfinished chapter in my life. However, I'm going to do it up as a cafe racer instead. Got all my parts ready and I'm ditching the single sided swingarm for something more manageable. Trying to keep things simple this time rd so I don't bite off more than I can chew and lose steam halfway lol.

I'll be posting there but only after I do more substantial work to it. I figured I owed the custom fighters community especially people who had been following my thread ahaha so some more substantial work done to bridge these lost yrs before I post so that I will finish it this time rd.

hi, im restarting my vmax project but going a totally different route this time. trying to create a cafe racer out of it. i have made a frame jig to hold my modified frame in place as i will be doing quite abit of changes to it.

Question is, when i was trying to find the centerline from the neck tube, i realised my swingarm mounts and the 2 bottom frame tubing doesnt seem to be equidistant from the centerline. i ended up using the top frame tubes (the ones beside the airbox) to catch my centerline.

Does anyone have any experience with the vmax frame so that you can shed some light here? is the vmax frame really skewed or am i doing something wrong.? any help or input is apprecieated. Thanks!!!

Sharky might be able to help you with that. He is basically building a Vmax from the ground up, and going in radically different directions.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/member.php?u=9194

Good to know. We're on the same boat as I got a daughter as well. 2 year toddler. Things kind of slowed down on me as well but now I have a bit more time to press on. I'm actually working on a single sided setup for the last 2 years. It slowed down a bit because I moved to Germany and all my connections are a no go regarding machining stuff and sourcing supply. I need to send you an email regarding your single side. In using a different setup but still same principle. Well we can chat a bit more over email and not cluttering this thread. Happy to see you back bud.

Latest posts

Back