Manual fan switch install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srx2002

Reaction score
Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction in how to do the Manual fan switch install?? any directions would be appreciated??

Do I just wire in a on/off switch to both wires coming from the Thermostat creating a closed circuit??

or should I wire up a switch that goes directly to the Fan itself then to battery?

I'm not sure what way you guys would suggest?? any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

I just wired mine right in at the temp sensor under the right scoop.It just closes or bypasses the sensor.I mounted my switch right to the plastic cover on the right side by the ignition switch.Single pole single throw,on-off switch mine is 15 or 20 amp.mounts into a 3/8" hole.Then put a rubber boot over to keep water out.They sell the boots by the switchs.Lowes,home depot,Radio Shack.

If you mount the switch in exactly the right place the right front fork will even turn the switch on or off for you like mine does.....
I didn't check clearances first and wish I had've.....

manual fan switch diagram,
Note: the two wires from the stock fan switch are both +ve as the switch itself grounds to the motor, see the switch photo
________
300 (Isetta)

Attachments

• AB-Fan_Thermo_Switch.jpg
    AB-Fan_Thermo_Switch.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 265
  • fanswitch.jpg
    fanswitch.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Thanks for all the help...the Schem posted was excellent,.....all I have to do now is get some time to do it..LOL

Cheers!!

I'm taking parts out of everyone's post above to add to the FAQ section. Thanks for the great input here.

Please forgive my ignorance here but will the fan still cut in if you forget to flick the switch back?????

Yes it will, that is the beauty of the manual switch.

broook said:
Please forgive my ignorance here but will the fan still cut in if you forget to flick the switch back?????
________
XJR-15

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back