This really sucks!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
On July 31, I came up with a nasty cellulitis infection in my left leg.
Been laid up since, just starting to walk a bit - but no riding. Things are clearing up s l o w l y..... I figure I've lost the whole month of August, and an upcoming Labor Day trip that I was planning on, with my wife carrying the luggage in her Burgman, and me on the Max.

This really blows!

Ouch! Or, YUCK! Sorry to hear about the infection. Be more careful where you put your legs from now on. :biglaugh:

I broke my ankle back on Valentines Day, and wasn't able to ride for about three months after. Major suckage, missed out on the nice spring weather. Hope you get some more riding in before the snow begins to fly up your way.

Bill....

Hope you heal quickly! Infections are a painful SOB if they get out of hand and not treated soon!

I got bitten by an over zealous Mt. Lion cub a couple years ago and contracted P multocida and a small degree of Salmonella.

The whole thing was my fault, because I was letting the kit crush tennis balls in my lap while watching TV and not paying much attention to him. I had just given him his last bit of chicken for the day, and had him in my lap like 1000 times before.

Little booger bit right through the tennis ball and straight into my right inner thigh while connecting his top and bottom canine teeth.

I didn't give it much thought, except for the initial ouch mother trucker, stop that!!! I've been bitten more times than anyone can count by Lions-Bush Babies. Let it go for over a week before it started draining on its own. First few days it was not even on my mind, then all of the sudden...swelling and drainage within hours.

Doc fussed at me when I finally went in for the visit, my white blood cells had started attacking the entrance points like crazy. Still have a nice 4 point entrance wound reminder marked by darp purple teeth marks on that leg.

After a huge 10 day dose of Augmentin everything calmed down and the infection cleared up, but still left signs of being there (hard entrance points and discoloration).

Hope everything gets better for you, and will keep you in my thoughts!!!

Neil

I didn't know what that was so I looked it up on Google Images! :barf: Bill, I hope it clears up soon and you get back on your Max.

Bill, sorry to hear about your infection! Get better! Let me know and I'll mail you a cold one to help pass the time.

Well, the leg's getting better, but now I came down with a recurrance of my 3rd grade Chicken Pox infection - shingles.

This has been worse than the leg. It resurfaced because of the stress of the cellulitis. You never completely get rid of CPox once you get it.

I'm bummed big time...........

Well, I'm off to the Doctor's office today for what is hopefully a final checkup on the leg and the face. I'm going to ride something to the doc's office, probably the Roadstar. Hopefully-back to work on Monday. Piss poor way to waste a month of Summer, if you ask me!

Sounds like you're coming out the other side of it Bill, that's good. Those infections are a bitch to kill, aren't they? Then the double whammy of shingles........you've had a tough time of it, that's for sure.

That shits, losing a month out of the summer. Sometimes summers aren't a whole lot longer than that out your way! :biglaugh: We still got some of that great fall riding yet, though! :thumbs up:

danny

bill goodluck hope it all works out ///wish ya the best

HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON ! MAN I THINK I MIGHT RATHER CRASH THEN GO THROUGH ALL OF THAT ! :ummm:

You sure about that? Crashing will scratch up your Max!
THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT ! I TAKE THAT BACK . I THINK I'D RATHER JUMP OUT OF THAT 200 MPH CROTCH ROCKET CHICKS 2ND FLOOR BEDROOM WINDOW , WHEN HER HUSBAND COMES HOME , THEN GO THROUGH ALL OF THAT ! :rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back