When just riding around endlessly

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
I have ridden motorcycles on the street since I was 17 years old , now I'm in my 50's
Can't even imagine how many miles I have logged endlessly just riding around the earth !
Sometimes I would ride around not even knowing where I am , but just keep going until I run into a sign for a state road or some familiar road .
To me , still to this day it's one of the main reasons to have a motorcycle to begin with !
I just want to know if I'm the only one while doing this and while stopped at a stop sign picking , now do I go left , right , or straight , while picking my direction I sometimes think that if I pick the wrong one I could get into a wreck or even killed !
I believe that most of your life you can have a big part of making your own luck !
So the direction you pick , there will be different sights and Cager's around you , so the direction you pick can definitely change your life !

So I'm just wondering if I'm just PSYCHOTIC or are there many of us out here ?

It's called 'self-preservation,' and it's a good thing to have. You just have a good instinct. Follow it.

I tried to estimate how many miles I've ridden since 1967 by adding up mileage I put on all my bikes. Yes, I kept the numbers in my head... About 370,000 miles. A good number of those miles were just bombing around, going nowhere. Those were the best miles. No destination, just the ride..

I used to just ride in any direction just to get away now I plan my trips closer to gas stations ... No idea the miles I've put down when I was younger unfortunately my health won't allow me to roam far theses days

I'm not much of a "What If" kind of guy.

I believe that if its meant to happen, its going to happen whether I turn left, or I turn right. The Karma of the universe will lead you where it wants you to go. You'll never get into an accident or avoid an accident if it wasn't meant to be.

Much of my riding has been on roads that I wouldn't be on if I weren't riding a motorcycle. I like to hide my phone, listen to the engine, and focus my attention on road ahead. Its a great escape for my mind from all the things I should be doing. Focus on the road, forget about everything else for a while.

When I come to a cross road, I'm not thinking a wrong turn could change my life. I think, which direction looks like a better ride?

When I lived in upstate NY, I would plan my ride by the gas stations I knew, lol. Now living in SC, I try not to venture to far from a gas station, lol. I do just go out and ride down any road going where ever, hoping I'm not too far from a gas station lol. When I had my goldwing gas stops didn't bother me much, it had a 5 gallon tank with over 300 miles of range. It was normal to have to fill up atleast once while I was out riding down any road I felt like riding down......... Geee I wonder where this road goes, lol. Now on the vmax I try not to wander to far from a known gas station location..... Weighing in at 680 pounds, I'm not really looking forward to pushing this second gen. I had to push my 97 200 yards up hill to my house when I snapped the driveshaft, not fun. I don't even think about getting in an accident, but I'm an owl when I ride, constantly looking around, knowing my surroundings, looking for an "out" of the fit hits the Shan. Just a habit from driving truck, I've learned to read traffic.

I Definitely don’t mean it as morbid as it may sound , I just mean the direction you choose changes your day in one way or another .
You may save someone’s life who was just involved in an accident , years ago it happened to me but I was in my car , rolled up on a real bad 3 car wreck , people out of thier cars , some laying on the ground , even a dog , I through my phone to my wife to call 911 , I was telling everyone not to move , they started yelling to me that there’s another car , ( making it a 4 car wreck ) it had gone into the woods , I look over and can see smoke , so I run in where the car is and can’t get the guy out and the engine compartment is on fire .
I always carry a good size fire extinguisher in all of my cars , so I run to my trunk , grab it and start running back , I can now hear sirens off in the distance , I put the fire out but still can’t get the doors open !
I run back out to the road just as the Firetrucks pull up and direct them to the guy trapped .
Now that morning we had gone out to breakfast , then we were just riding around ,
But if I had made a left or a right instead of going straight that morning maybe that guy would have been burned or worse , and I would have just read about it in the paper !
That’s kind of what I mean .

Good ol country roads, nice breeze, perfect temp.... I like to wander. I’ve met some good people that way, and seen a lot. Sometimes, it could lead to if of those favorite routes to take when you want a nice ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim, sounds like you did a great job for the victim. Using the extinguisher to 'open' a window on the car seat location where no one was sitting would have been a way to access the door locks/latches.

Life gives us surprises and how we deal with them makes differences in peoples' lives, some are bigger than others. Just try to do the right thing. If you were to read about it in the newspaper, how would your parents, wife, or friends feel about it? That's a quick reality-check.

Good ol country roads, nice breeze, perfect temp.... I like to wander. I’ve met some good people that way, and seen a lot. Sometimes, it could lead to if of those favorite routes to take when you want a nice ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I got my used KLR last year I'm always torn when it comes to wandering aimlessly. The V Max is much better on long open stretches of N Dakota highway. However, a lot of ND Is gravel and dirt river roads that beg to be explored on a dual sport. Honestly , I'm glad I own both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tim, sounds like you did a great job for the victim. Using the extinguisher to 'open' a window on the car seat location where no one was sitting would have been a way to access the door locks/latches.

Life gives us surprises and how we deal with them makes differences in peoples' lives, some are bigger than others. Just try to do the right thing. If you were to read about it in the newspaper, how would your parents, wife, or friends feel about it? That's a quick reality-check.

I used the extinguisher to put the fire out , the drivers window was down or blown out , the car was Wrecked that’s why the doors wouldn’t open .
So with hearing the Sirens coming , and the fire out , there was no reason for me to try and Extricate him myself with no equipment and possibly risk further injury to him .

Latest posts

Back