molybdenum disulfide for deffrencial

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
I was reading about moly and it seems to be a good way to maintain the differential as it coats all parts with a dry lubricant film, has anyone tried it?
I'll get one and try it in my bike then report findings to all.
It should never be used in motor with oil as it will ruin the wet clutch.
http://www.mrmoly.com/gear_oil_supplement.html
________
justin bieber fans

Last edited:
Further digging in differential oils reveled something interesting, for regular none limited slip differentials Moly additive is important to coat the gears and protect them but its a different story with limited slip differentials ( they have a clutch in them ) thus moly is NOT to be used in such applications, other friction modifiers are used for that purpose and are usually not as slippery as moly.

I've been using Mobile 1 synthetic 75w-90w for $18.00 thinking this is the best for max differential BUT last two days I looked closely at the label and found out that it can be used with limited slip differential and thus contains no moly, the cheaper G4 that contain moly are actually better than Mobil 1 for max differential or just add moly to the differential oil to increase its protection and keep it cool.
So any differential oil that says its good for limited slip is not that good for max differential.
Just an observation use it or disregard it.
________
smoke weed every day

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back