Getting antsy..... whats everyones plans for 2015?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delkevics for the '85. Thunder. Count the days till retirement. Actually, Thunder 2016 is gonna be my retirement party...

Hey, new to the forum. I was doing research/reading to gain some info about my new 2014 V-Max, saw this thread, and thought I would share as well. Last year I completed a major overhaul of my 1991 Kawasaki Concours. It is the bike my Dad gave me to get me back on 2 wheels many years ago. The rebuild/overhaul was preceded by a rare oil pump failure. It ended up with inverted forks and larger front brakes from a ZX9, a Meanstreak 17 rear wheel and ZX11 17 inch front wheel. The exhaust was modified along with altering the cam timing and carb jetting. I also added an HID headlight conversion with 2 35w HID aux lights and swapped in a alternator from a ZZR1200 with more output. And finally, the rear air shock was swapped out for a ZX9/ZZR1200 hybrid that I put together. Its kinda like a restomod car... the good looks of a classic with modern bits under the skin.
My next project for this year is going to be building a shaft drive ZRX 1200 by grafting on a rear seat/subframe from a ZRX to a Concours frame.. So far, everything is lining up and the project should be completed by the end of this year.
Nice Concours It should run & ride good now. I have thought about getting one to keep since you can get them real reasonable.

Thanks, and yeah, it transformed the bike. The handling and ride is much improved, and the extra power doesn't hurt. These older Concours are great. Like you said, fairly affordable, easy to modify, and fantastic for long distance riding.

I really contemplated getting a Concours like a 2010 or something instead of my ZX14. I am glad I got the 14, one it was cheaper, but two it was a bit sportier. But like a Concours, its a awesome long distance runner. I put a Connie seat on it and bar risers and its not a Concours, but man it goes. I ve done MANY 1000 mile days on the bike and only stopped because I was tired and couldnt keep my eyes open.

I can only imagine what a Connie would be like! The newer ones are fast and reliable and the shaft drive I bet is awesome!

I had a Concours for about a year until I got hit by a minivan, I really enjoyed my limited time with it. It was a hell of a lot more comfortable than the Vmax and I could carry anything I wanted on it easily. It was no slouch when it came to acceleration either, but definitely lacked the additional fun factor of the Vmax that consistently has me grinning from ear to ear.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

yo Todd, what mods you have in your GTPs?

I have a 99 Riviera with XP cam n stuff. Havent had a chance to take it to the track yet.

My goal with that car is to get a sub 13 quarter mile. I have a gen V blower in the garage and N* intake I need to install.

Might go IC sometime if that's what it takes.

You ever go to Summit at Norwalk? We go there for Friday night test n tunes.

Hit me up!

The 04 has cai, and a 3 " zzp down pipe. Zzp pcm and that's it.

This summer thinking 3.5 pulley, 160 thermo, 104 plugs, and a set of sd headers .

Maybe.... just maybe an ic like a short stack.

The 98 has just a cai and cobbled single exhaust.

I am hoping to see some 13.50s atleast In the 04. The 98 feels strong so maybe low 14's out of that. The 98's a beater car though.

I would love to see some 12's out of the 04. :)

I haven't raced at Norwalk with a car in years. But maybe I can get slow poke VmaxMike out there and beat his hemi up with the 04. That would be a pretty good race.

Riding...and lots of it. I havent been in the wind much for a while and even tho it is cold ( not nearly as cold here in Texas as elsewhere ) I have still been out in it. I recently bought a rough '85 and plan on ripping her down and redoing her back to the Powerful glorious potential she has. Then Im going to ride the hell outta her! I have my HD Street for putting and it has a little power but Nothing can compare to the forward thrust of a Boosted VMAX screaming down the road. That my friends is what I have planned for this year.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back