Ugliest mod ever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An ugly bike that's fast is a good way to get people by surprise. The marine 'Q ship.'

Posted this to be funny. Never thought it would turn into an anti horn rant,,, only on the internet.
Who knew that only idiots and incompetents use a horn?
How's that for fanning the flames?

Seems to me people were offering advice-Only one person used the words idiots and incompetents.:ummm:

Decided to use the thing, ugly as it is. Wired up the relay and lit em up and man they are ear ringing LOUD , even from behind the handlebars.
Will post video, but is sounds like a European car on steroids..

Go to your local bike wrecking yard & get a pair of Virago electric snail horns, made by FIAMM, they should be plenty-loud & cheap. I got a pair awhile-ago but haven't done anything w/them yet. Mebbe onto a family car...
horns2.jpg

Harbor Freight sells the WOLO I installed. Get a 20% off coupon off the internet & go shopping. The weekly magazine in your Sunday paper often has a full-page ad for HFT w/the 20%-off coupon.

That's funny

Early Yamaha Viragos had horns set up exactly the same way, and very similar looking dual horns. If they were chrome rather than red, they would likely be more eye-pleasing.

I always thought they looked good on my old '82 Virago.

So it was 65 and sunny here yesterday and I took my ugly horns out for their first outing and sure enough within 10min I had an old foreign guy merge and squeeze me between another car.
Like the anti horn guy says, instinct tells you to avoid being hit before you worry about the horn, but after I was safe it felt good to let him have it with the big ugly horns. Funny thing, there were 2 Harley guys behind me and they zoomed by and gave the old guy hell, thought they were gonna kick his car door.

Those are loud.. One more video with the engine running could give a better sense of their Db levels. Assuming your pipes are loud also..

Back