Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

I am new to your forum but not necessarily new to motorcycles. I am not a performance bike enthusiast, I am interested in more performance from the bike that I ride. I have a 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale that is attached to a Motorvation Formula II sidecar. The bike was sold new with the sidecar attached and as far as I know has been that way since. I think that I bought the rig in 2010 and have been involved in a continuous process of modifications and upgrades.

I have installed a Vmax rear gear set and have a set of Vmax heads to install. The stock ignition has been scrapped to make way for an Inigtec controller and a COP setup from a late model Honda CBR.

Hi All,

I am new to your forum but not necessarily new to motorcycles. I am not a performance bike enthusiast, I am interested in more performance from the bike that I ride. I have a 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale that is attached to a Motorvation Formula II sidecar. The bike was sold new with the sidecar attached and as far as I know has been that way since. I think that I bought the rig in 2010 and have been involved in a continuous process of modifications and upgrades.

I have installed a Vmax rear gear set and have a set of Vmax heads to install. The stock ignition has been scrapped to make way for an Inigtec controller and a COP setup from a late model Honda CBR.

Welcome FF454! That sounds like an interesting setup you have there. Something you might find interesting as well, is our annual meet in Somerset, PA in late June of each year. Our meet coincides with the goings on at Johnstown's Thunder in the Valley event but typically we only are officially involved in the parade. We set up at the Days Inn on June 25th - 28th where we have guided rides, rides to local sites of interest, Cookout, dinner rides and tech day at which any issues are looked at, diagnosed and repaired, if possible, by two of our resident Vmax guru's. Stop on down as this year is a little special as we are celebrating Vmax's 30th anniversary. Anyway there are a few venture enthusiasts here on the forum that have done what you are working on so you will find lots of info and help in your endeavor. It getting more popular so I'm thinking that there will be a new forum section popping up soon.
Edit: You may know Dingy from the Venture.org website, he is a member here as well. I'm thinking that he showed up at out Thunder event one year to show off his sweet yellow Vmaxed Venture. I'm sure he has provided many a Vmax owner with his steering head nut wrench, I know I have one!

I have been away from the chat room for a while hope everyone has been well and safe. Im back and have some new ideas and plans for my new Max!

Hi guys!

My name is Roney, i'm from Brazil, and just bought a 1997 V-max. This bike was stoped for about 9 months, now i'll rebuild this bike.

p_1374_9ce7b3777e29eab4ba098229f3550a1d.jpg

So far, i'm trying to start the engine, but, even adjusting the idle mixture screw, the engine could not maintain the rpm and dies (even with the choke on)... The engine runs only with acceleration.

Today, i changed the oil, oil filter and fuel filter.

Tomorrow, I'll try this guide http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/shotgun.htm, someone have a tip or a better guide/tutorial? I'll try to use some carb cleaner.

Problaby I'll need a new batery and maybe a new fuel pump.

I'm just wanna to take a little ride, and feel the bike, before the restoration.

Sorry for my bad english! Cheers!

Hey everyone,

New member to the forum here, I've had my 06 Vmax for over a year now and figured it was about time to make an account on here. I am from Newfoundland, Canada where the weather isnt too great and I've just been itching to get a ride in asap.

Anyways thats enough banter, cheers everyone!

I am having A PROBLEM WITH MY CLUTCH , i OWN A 2012 MAX, A FEW WEEKS AGO i WAS OUT SPINNING THE TIRES, WHEN IM AT A RED LIGHT, IT TURNS GREEN I TAKE OFF I MISS SECOND THEN GOT TOOK LIKE BAD OUT OF HELL, SECONDS LATER I SMELL THIS AWFULL SMELL. DROVE IT HOME MAYBE 1 MILE AND SMELLED BAD. ANYWAY HAD TO GO TO WORK, 1 WEEK LATER MY BUDDY COMES OVER AND SAYS ITS THE CLUTCH, TAKE OUT ALL THE FRICTION PLATES AND NO SMELL NO BURNS NOTHING OIL WAS GOOD. PUT ALL BACK NOW I HAVE NO CLUTCH WHAT THE HELL

Just bought a Vmax yesterday. I had a 1987 Honda Super Magna before that and wanted to move up to the top of the Muscle Cruiser class. I feel like it was a good decision. In the beautiful Pacific Northwest if anyone rides around here definitely let me know and we'll meet up for a ride!

I am having A PROBLEM WITH MY CLUTCH , i OWN A 2012 MAX, A FEW WEEKS AGO i WAS OUT SPINNING THE TIRES, WHEN IM AT A RED LIGHT, IT TURNS GREEN I TAKE OFF I MISS SECOND THEN GOT TOOK LIKE BAD OUT OF HELL, SECONDS LATER I SMELL THIS AWFULL SMELL. DROVE IT HOME MAYBE 1 MILE AND SMELLED BAD. ANYWAY HAD TO GO TO WORK, 1 WEEK LATER MY BUDDY COMES OVER AND SAYS ITS THE CLUTCH, TAKE OUT ALL THE FRICTION PLATES AND NO SMELL NO BURNS NOTHING OIL WAS GOOD. PUT ALL BACK NOW I HAVE NO CLUTCH WHAT THE HELL
Post this in the gen 1 clutch section.

Welcome to the board.

Did you happen to pull the lever while the clutch bits were out? I did that and it totally screwed me. Also, the pressure plate only works one way. It will go back together but not work if the dots aren't lined up the right way. We'll get you through it.

Just bought a Vmax yesterday. I had a 1987 Honda Super Magna before that and wanted to move up to the top of the Muscle Cruiser class. I feel like it was a good decision. In the beautiful Pacific Northwest if anyone rides around here definitely let me know and we'll meet up for a ride!
Welcome to the DarkSide of the V4 Universe !!!!

New member Mutley saying hello, have a vmax 1200 for about 8 years - 2002 still pretty much stock. currently playing with carbune prp so am sure i will be posting questions shortly, Love the forum, and thanks to those who spend there time and knowledge answering questions.

New vmax owner here. Aleays wanted one and I picked up a sweet condition, stone stock 1988.

Want to keep it fairly stock, but both oem mufflers have garage dents on the cans so I'll be looking to replace the complete exhaust with a nice throaty sounding system thats not obnoxious. Ive read a little already on the topic and it seems like theres only a few really good options.

Back