vmoa?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do we need a VMOA discussion section here, we can always go to vmoa page unless Mark can post the quarterly vboost issue here which might not be acceptable to the vmoa.
I think we can do without this section and instead list web sites of vendors all in one place like what the vboost mag has but expandable and for all who sell vmax stuff.
let the vmoa be a separate entity that has a link on this site, from the reaction at the tech list we don't need that friction here, many vmax chat and tech sites on line we just have the best format and can make it more informative and easy to navigate.
________
magic flight launch box

Last edited:
Ibrahim, that is an option. The main reason for putting a VMOA section in is to gauge interest for the VMOA having their own tech/chat forum. If there's know interest, this would go away and maybe can can add a VMOA vendors list link at a later time. Thanks for the post!

maleko89 said:
Ibrahim, that is an option. The main reason for putting a VMOA section in is to gauge interest for the VMOA having their own tech/chat forum. If there's know interest, this would go away and maybe can can add a VMOA vendors list link at a later time. Thanks for the post!

I don't spend much time on any of the VMOA boards except the Houston section.....
I don't know anything about any friction between groups and don't see why there would need to be any friction...
All I know is that Yahoo groups format is extremely user unfriendly and makes little sense in how it operates compared to the standard "Forum" programs that I am used to....
I really wish that the someone in the VMOA would host a forum that runs on standard Vbulletin program whatever it is called......
Yahoo groups is an antiquated dinosaur and really sucks...

If you follow the tech or chat yahoo sites for a while you will understand what is going on.:th_kissass: :th_kissass: :th_kissass: :th_kissass: :th_kissass: :bash0000: :bash0000: :bash0000: :bash0000:

wfcall said:
I don't spend much time on any of the VMOA boards except the Houston section.....
I don't know anything about any friction between groups and don't see why there would need to be any friction...
All I know is that Yahoo groups format is extremely user unfriendly and makes little sense in how it operates compared to the standard "Forum" programs that I am used to....
I really wish that the someone in the VMOA would host a forum that runs on standard Vbulletin program whatever it is called......
________
Mazda 121 history

Last edited:
wfcall said:

I agree completely. That is one of the reasons why this site started...to give Vmax owners a real forum for discussions. I have personally posted links and descriptions of this forum on the Yahoo groups and almost none of the guys come over. So say its not dial up friendly and others say its not as easy. I think many of them just dont want to feel like they are starting over at a new place and thus losing any power or influence they have over the current set-up.

And still others are affraid to change anything so they stick with that outdated message board.

I'm also in agreement with the others, the yahoo system pretty much blows and the reason many of them won't swing over here is that they feel like they have some sort of status or control on the yahoo boards.

So I say let them have it. I spend about 2 weeks on the yahoo setup just getting everything in e-mail so I could read it at my leasure. 2 weeks was all I could stand of the bitching, bashing and such. The only time I've ever seen that kinda of crap go on is on one of the VW forums and it's the teenager with the newer VW's. If you arn't into 18" rims and such, they trash you at the drop of a hat.

I'm perfectly fine hanging here. I personally feel that the VMOA should toss up their own forums using Vbulliten, PHPbb or some similair forum software. Things must change. The dinosaurs can stay on their dial-up and yahoo board untill there is no one left to bash but themselves.

Also, I think the VMOA Could stand to be more communicative. I don't know per say who my regional director is, but I have yet to ever get an e-mail form him saying welcome aboard or here are some events in your area or anything like that.

I only found out about the Vmax's at the dragon GTG from the Vboost Mag which didn't arrive in my mailbox till about late July and the GTG was early August.

Anyway, I've bitched enough for right now. Those are just some of my thoughts and I'm certainly open to a direct dialog on the matters. Don't care if it's e-mail, chat or phone.

However, I will put my money where my mouth is as well. If changes are to be made, I am more then willing to help with them if/when I can. I'm not just a backseat driver.

Status on a board is stupid. I've been on here maybe what?..two months?? I'm a senior member and so what?...I like being here and if it says toilet cleaner by my name it wouldn't make a shit...

I've got friends and family to boost my ego in spite of my faults......

I'm just here to learn something, share what I may have to offer and maybe be helpful if I am able...

If people think I'm stupid then sooner or later they'll say say so whether I've been posting for 3 days or 3 years...

I for sure think that a more advanced format for the VMOA would bring more people in...the people are out there already; They are just not attracted to the Dinosaur that Yahoo Groups is....

Rusty

Last edited:
Anybody know if the VMOA members ever went through with their banner/flag trip all across the US and let as many members participate in it as possible for a short stretch?

wfcall said:
Status on a board is stupid. I've been on here maybe what?..two months?? I'm a senior member and so what?...I like being here and if it says toilet cleaner by my name it wouldn't make a shit...

I've got friends and family to boost my ego in spite of my faults......

I'm just here to learn something, share what I may have to offer and maybe be helpful if I am able...

If people think I'm stupid then sooner or later they'll say say so whether I've been posting for 3 days or 3 years...

I for sure think that a more advanced format for the VMOA would bring more people in...the people are out there already; They are just not attracted to the Dinosaur that Yahoo Groups is....

Rusty

It doesn't seem like a member friendly organization. They have their chain of officers, but each individual has to do his own organizing. If you don't buy a lot of aftermarket parts from the vendors they have listed, there is little need to be a member. The lurking mode works best on their lists and asking questions like what oil brand to use, how much air pressure to run in the tires, what's the best sounding exhaust system out there and so on. There are many good guys that hardly ever post for fear of being laughed at by a few. I think there are almost as many members quitting as there are joining the VMOA.

I asked where the banner is at, not sure yet. Last I knew it was in Indiana.

Kelvin Lane in Indiana has it. He's going to mail it to me to get it going. We originally wanted to "ride" it everywhere but it's proving difficult especially with winter coming in the north. I will get signatures in my area. If you would like the banner in your area, let me know and I get start to put a northern route together.

maleko89 said:
Kelvin Lane in Indiana has it. He's going to mail it to me to get it going. We originally wanted to "ride" it everywhere but it's proving difficult especially with winter coming in the north. I will get signatures in my area. If you would like the banner in your area, let me know and I get start to put a northern route together.
Personally I think it would be better to wait for spring to start it on it's way but I'm game just the same. Has anybody organized this thing where all that want to be part of it, chime in with their location throughout the US so a road map can be planned? I'm in if needed to cover the SW Ohio area and am willing to travel 100 miles in both directions from here to pass it on. Just to meet other maxers and ride in a group would be a hoot. Please keep us posted.

mikemax04 said:
Personally I think it would be better to wait for spring to start it on it's way but I'm game just the same. Has anybody organized this thing where all that want to be part of it, chime in with their location throughout the US so a road map can be planned? I'm in if needed to cover the SW Ohio area and am willing to travel 100 miles in both directions from here to pass it on. Just to meet other maxers and ride in a group would be a hoot. Please keep us posted.

Mike brings up a good point about waiting until spring for the "northern areas". The Ontario chapter has its annual Spring Ice Breaker ride, which would be a good time to have it up here.

Back