1st Annual Spring Ice Breaker Ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G Man

Reaction score
Please see the calendar May 26-28/2006 for the 1st Annual Spring Ice Breaker Ride Kincardine to Bruce Peninsula Ontario Canada.

Jim Rogers is the contact for this event VMOA #4046. PM me for Jim's email or phone number if you require it.

G Man VMOA #4087

Anyone in Southern Ontario going to this. I'd like to check it out, although I may only be able to do the Saturday ride.:punk0000:

If this is an annual event, just let us know what the dates are for 07 and I'll will be there if at all possible. I will need to know where they start from ? (location in detail).

Hi Rob: I'll post the info I have so far.

Here's an email I received from the organizer, Jim Rodgers:

Gents,

Attached is a copy of the Spring Ice Breaker flyer for next year, June 1-3, 2007. I know it is a bit early, but I want everyone to have a chance to schedule the weekend off early. Our ride HQ will be the Lakeview hotel in Kincardine this ride. The cost is $69/night and I have had them set aside a block of rooms for us. The contact to reserve your room is Mary Lynn (519)396-3301. They are also going to assist us with the BBQ on Saturday night which will be in their parking lot and around the pool. There have been a few changes to the format for this ride that I would like all to be aware of. We will not be going on a lengthy ride like last year. There will be a couple of shorter (~100km out and back) rides for those who are interested. We will also be having a couple of contests this year (bring a digital camera if you have one) with prizes. Russ and I are soliciting local sponsors for prizes. There is a $30/person pre-registration fee this year. This fee will get you a ride t-shirt and helps pay for the cost of the BBQ dinner on Saturday night. Extra T-shirts are available for a price that will cover the cost of the shirt + tax (as paid to the vendor). A pre-registration form and the ride flyer are attached to this email. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me at any time. Also, please feel free to invite your friends and family to come along. They will have to register if they plan on getting a t-shirt, but they can pay at the door for the BBQ.

Cheers,

Jim Rodgers
VMOA#4046

I'll post the other two doc's in the next posts and see how they fit.

G Man

Last edited:
Pre-Registration form:

2nd Annual Spring Ice Breaker
Pre-registration form

When: June 1st-3rd, 2007
Cost: $30/ person
Included in cost: Event T-shirt (1 per person w/extras available) and BBQ Dinner on Saturday night
Ride HQ this year will be at the Lakeview hotel in downtown Kincardine. All events will be based out of the hotel including our BBQ this year. We are currently soliciting sponsorships for prizes for events.

Name: _______________________
Address: ______________________

Phone: (__) _____________
Email: _________________

Number of individuals registering ____ X $30.00

T-Shirt Size (S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL) _____
Number of T-shirts (extra, not including 1 provided with registration) ______ @ $12.00 each

Total of fees in enclosed $______

Contact Jim Rodgers VMOA#4046 via email at: [email protected] or telephone at (519)353-3544

Spring Ice Breaker Ride Flyer:

Ontario chapter of the VMOA presents
2nd Annual Spring Ice Breaker Ride
When: June 1, 2, and 3rd 2007
Where: Kincardine, Ontario
Who: Open invitation to all VMOA members and friends
(All bikes welcomed)

Come and join the fun on the Bruce peninsula.

Friday: Meet @ the Lakeview Hotel (contact Mary Lynn at the hotel (519)396-3301 for reservations. Cost is $69/night)
Saturday: Breakfast @ 9am at a location TBD. There will be short rides offered throughout the day along with other events
Sunday: Meet at Tim Horton?s @ 9am for coffee
Pre-registration cost is $30 per person which includes: Spring Ice Breaker T-shirt and dinner Saturday night

For more information and pre-registration forms contact Jim Rodgers VMOA#4046 via email at: [email protected] or telephone at (519)353-3544

Robbarrie said:
If this is an annual event, just let us know what the dates are for 07 and I'll will be there if at all possible. I will need to know where they start from ? (location in detail).

The date is posted in the forum calendar.

Thanks G-man for the posting. I don't see that time to be a problem. Will be looking forward to it. Just need to make sure, before I commit. It's like 225kms from Toronto, and I'm about 100kms closer than that. Can't wait !

Last edited:
turbostang said:
When are you going to extend it to Calgary, it will only make the ride a little longer :rofl_200:
How about including Ohio while you're extending the ride anyway. LOL

Latest posts

Back