h.p. at the back wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tub thumping;
My 07 gen1 showed 113.2 RWHP before it was played with.
It's now overborbored to 1420 cc. Camshafts are higher lift and duration, valves are triple cut. Stage seven jetting, full race exhaust with V-Boost still active @6k rpm. Dyno shows a hair under 150 RWHP at a cost of over 6k. Runs fantastic, not a thought of selling it but I could buy a gen2 with more power for less. Also, it handles like a pig :(

Chris

There are ways to make it handle a lot less like a pig, if you're willing to spend a little more cash. (would be perfect for someone like me who absolutely loves the 1st Gen bike)

Upgrading to Radials will greatly improve handling. Redoing the forks with better springs and Racetech Valve Emulators, or going with a fully adjustable set of USD forks will further improve things, as long as you also change the rear shocks as well. Lastly, tightening up the frame with solid motor mounts and a frame brace will finish the job, making the 1st Gen Max a decent handling machine. Granted, it still won't match an R6 in the cornering department, but I suspect most would be happy with the resulting improvements.

I have actually only put 2 of my personal bikes on the dyno & it was free every time. I put my 99 on the Dyno twice at the Gypsy Valentine Massacre In Boerne TX because the owner's wanted to make some noise & draw attention to there dyno's & once when I had the Dyno tech day at my house. My 89 that I used to take to the strip was never on a Dyno I done real time testing at the strip or made changes before I got there.

Latest posts

Back