Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it looks like my ambitions of owning a Max will be put on hold for the time being as my Kettle isn't attracting many enquiries about buying, apart from the usual idiots who seem to think I'm going to give it away :damn angry:
Such a shame as I had sorted out a couple of nice bikes that where local to me. I'll keep dropping in here to swat up on what I need to know when I eventually get round to buying. Thanks for all your help and warm welcomes.

Hello, My name is Steve, I have ridden for 50 years, many bike and many brands. I ride a 94 GL1500SE every day pretty much. But have always wanted a hotrod bike. I have been searching for months, looked at some, and finally, went yesterday to central Miss. and got one. Have been from Panama City to Dallas Texas looking for the Max I wanted.........got it now. 2002 Carbon Fiber color and all stock except drilled out exhaust tips . Got to get a manual, and alot to learn. Only wish Yamaha would have come up with a different location for fueling. Oh well, got it now, and gonna to make it unique and one of a kind. Please bare with me cause just as I do on GoldwingDoc.com., I'll be asking a bunch of questions to learn more. Thanks for a wonderful site, good people, and the road is always open. Steve

I am finally back. Sold my '93 back in November and just picked up this 2006. uploadfromtaptalk1469478748080.jpg

That said, my 2003 FJR that was listed for sale or trade is now gone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Welcome back. Thats a nice looking bike, did you have Carrs on the 93?
No, the 93 was pretty much stock except the cobra slash cuts.

d46e9dfa2d2df7d59ed086f7ce1a6e77.jpg

Still have the ZRX
9a945ac42f7febf2afa1dcd69dae406d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hello, My name is Steve, I have ridden for 50 years, many bike and many brands. I ride a 94 GL1500SE every day pretty much. But have always wanted a hotrod bike. I have been searching for months, looked at some, and finally, went yesterday to central Miss. and got one. Have been from Panama City to Dallas Texas looking for the Max I wanted.........got it now. 2002 Carbon Fiber color and all stock except drilled out exhaust tips . Got to get a manual, and alot to learn. Only wish Yamaha would have come up with a different location for fueling. Oh well, got it now, and gonna to make it unique and one of a kind. Please bare with me cause just as I do on GoldwingDoc.com., I'll be asking a bunch of questions to learn more. Thanks for a wonderful site, good people, and the road is always open. Steve
Welcome Steve, Here ya go----
http://www.vmoa.net/PartNumbers.pdf

http://vmoa.net/VMX12-Service-Manual01.pdf

Greetings.

This is my first post as I am new to the group.

Own a 2000 Max in carbon fiber. Don't ride it tons but am very happy with it. 5200 original miles. Got it in 04 with about 1300 miles on it.

It's almost stock. Has the tall Yamaha windshield and a custom seat. Oh yeah, wide handlebars. Forgot about them.

Having some problems with idle when hot and will be searching the "rough idle" threads for answers.

This group seems to be the most active. Hope to check in and catch up on the latest contributions.

Safe riding to all the seasoned VMax Vets!

Greg Gachowski

Greetings.

Own a 2000 Max in carbon fiber. Don't ride it tons but am very happy with it. 5200 original miles. Got it in 04 with about 1300 miles on it.

It's almost stock. Has the tall Yamaha windshield and a custom seat. Oh yeah, wide handlebars. Forgot about them.

Having some problems with idle when hot and will be searching the "rough idle" threads for answers.

This group seems to be the most active. Hope to check in and catch up on the latest contributions.

Greg Gachowski
Hi Greg -
By 2000, most of the upgrades had been done to the 1st. Gen Max - only cosmetic changes from then to 2007. So you have a "modern" Max. Congratulations!
If your bike starts well, but begins to falter, even die, after it warms up, the problem is almost certainly low voltage at the battery. The digital ignition needs 12.3+ volts in order for the bike to idle properly.
So check the voltage across the battery posts at idle, and as the bike warms up.
And as you may know, a healthy battery will show 12.6 volts (bike off), while a gel cell battery shows slightly more (12.7-8), when fully charged.
If you suspect battery/ charging issues, check out the excellent "Sticky" in the How-To forum....."How to fix the V-max charging system" by Ra Warrior.
Cheers, and welcome to the forum!:punk:

Greetings.

Greg Gachowski

Welcome to the forum Greg, Post some pics of that seat when you get a chance.

Thanks for the welcome.

The link to the charging system sticky is exactly what I was looking for. I am sure I will find my answer there.

Thanks blaxmax for the info and for the cops info.

I'll get a picture of my seat up on the "long distance seat" post soon as I take one or two.

Hey all, first post, but not my first Vmax ;) I just took the dive into the insane 1700 Vmax realm. OMG what a beast. I remember my first love, an 88 Max and I am having the same rush with this one(just on steroids). I regretted the day I sold her and about 10 years later I picked up a 98. Apparently I didn't learn my lesson the first time as I sold my second one, Well I am back!!!!!!! Had my heart set on a Diavel, but road a 1700 Vmax and you just can't replicate the rush of the V.

Attachments

• 00Z0Z_9h0xjcoZdnr_1200x900.jpg
    00Z0Z_9h0xjcoZdnr_1200x900.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 226046_271166316232283_7730281_n.jpg
    226046_271166316232283_7730281_n.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 11
Hey all, first post, but not my first Vmax ;) I just took the dive into the insane 1700 Vmax realm. OMG what a beast. I remember my first love, an 88 Max and I am having the same rush with this one(just on steroids). I regretted the day I sold her and about 10 years later I picked up a 98. Apparently I didn't learn my lesson the first time as I sold my second one, Well I am back!!!!!!! Had my heart set on a Diavel, but road a 1700 Vmax and you just can't replicate the rush of the V.

Congrats! That looks like a VERY nice clean bike.

The Akrapovic exhaust is probably the best exhaust available......and quite expensive. You're lucky to have one bolted on there.

You are going to have a lot of fun on that bike....just make sure to put aside money for gas and rear tires! :)

Thank you and nice bonus on the exhaust just priced them at $2200ish(DANG). I do like the roar over the stock one. It is a 2010 with 5000 miles. The gentleman rarely road it and kept it in immaculate condition. It had one mark above the shifter and not another scratch. Funny thing is, it took me over an hour and a phone call to the previous owner to locate the seat release. Pretty sure it was modified as it isn't a lever like the manual shows, it is the pull down thingy behind the blinker and above the wheel. Thought it was a rubber drain plug of some sorts.

Attachments

• 13618157_1380747335274170_1912195280_n.jpg
    13618157_1380747335274170_1912195280_n.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 8
Thank you and nice bonus on the exhaust just priced them at $2200ish(DANG). I do like the roar over the stock one. It is a 2010 with 5000 miles. The gentleman rarely road it and kept it in immaculate condition. It had one mark above the shifter and not another scratch. Funny thing is, it took me over an hour and a phone call to the previous owner to locate the seat release. Pretty sure it was modified as it isn't a lever like the manual shows, it is the pull down thingy behind the blinker and above the wheel. Thought it was a rubber drain plug of some sorts.

Yeah....that's a little strange. :ummm:

It should be a lever you see right above the spring pre-load adjuster you cansee in my photo.

IMG_20160730_132919918.jpg

Hello!

I recently just purchased my 2006 V-Max after selling my CBR1000rr and loving it so far! I have owned three sport bikes previously and decided it was time for something different. Bike has Dynojet kit, full UFO pipes, Augmented breather, steel braided break lines to name a few and made 130.8hp/76.9 ft. lbs. on the dyno. My dad was the previous owner and he had all of the work done so it has been great to see it come along and I am excited for the future of the bike! I am looking to do a streetfighter look on the bike and turn most of the chrome to black. Also planning to go with a 17''/18'' rear wheel so that it can fit radials and a single seat conversion so any help on these things would be much appreciated!

Best, Austin

Attachments

• thumb_FullSizeRender.jpg
    thumb_FullSizeRender.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 18
Hello!

I recently just purchased my 2006 V-Max after selling my CBR1000rr and loving it so far! I have owned three sport bikes previously and decided it was time for something different. Bike has Dynojet kit, full UFO pipes, Augmented breather, steel braided break lines to name a few and made 130.8hp/76.9 ft. lbs. on the dyno. My dad was the previous owner and he had all of the work done so it has been great to see it come along and I am excited for the future of the bike! I am looking to do a streetfighter look on the bike and turn most of the chrome to black. Also planning to go with a 17''/18'' rear wheel so that it can fit radials and a single seat conversion so any help on these things would be much appreciated!

Best, Austin

Welcome Austin, check vmax parts on facebook. There are some single seats.

Latest posts

Back