Shift Light Options

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
I've been checking into stand-alone shift lights. I don't like where the V-Max tach is located. It's hard to find a small tach with a shift light to attach near the speedo. But I found this on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-UNIVERSAL-Red-LED-DIGITAL-TACHOMETER-RED-RPM-SHIFT-LIGHT-4-6-8-CYL-/330919822950?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d0c5bc666&vxp=mtr

Looks interesting, but not a fan of the digital readout. I've seen many adjustable lights, but the adjustment would be hard to access with my windshield. I saw this also:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Proform-67005SC-Stand-Alone-Adjustable-Shift-Light-Range-3-12000-Rpm-Brushed-/171644739506?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27f6d2dfb2&vxp=mtr

Anyone else have any ideas?

I run the autometer. Hard to read tach in bright sunlight. And it did quit working after leAving it out in the rain. But dried out and works now.

I got mine from Python Motorsports but a quick check of their site dosent show it anymore. Its a Raptor shift light at any rate thats screwed onto my speedo. Ive got an older model though. It works quite well, set it for 9,000 rpm so its just hitting 9,500 when i shift.

I purchased a new SST shift light from Speedhut.

I had a problem focusing on my current progressive shift light. The red light at the end is kind of small, and I found myself trying to hard to focus on it when drag racing at the track.

So I bought this one as an addition. Maybe it looks like a flashlight, but oh well. I had difficulty with the initial programming. It wouldn't set below 1,000 RPM. Since my bike idles at about 800, I had to rev it a little to what appeared to be 1,000, but that's not very accurate. I haven't tested it on the road yet. Not a lot of faith it in so far.

In the description, it says:
Compatible with all ignitions (from .5 - 6 Pulses per Rev).
Programmable mode used to "dial in a known RPM".
I just got some info from their tech support. He said my bike has 2 pulses per rev. That might be an easier way to set it up, and more accurate. I'll post the results.

IMG_0682_zpswf0hmxyf.jpg

IMG_0684_zpsm9j5kmqp.jpg

IMG_0685_zpslwjo4qc3.jpg

IMG_0686_zpsgxt88fmf.jpg

Latest posts

Back