Goodbye Cyrus

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Cyrus was one of our dogs but was loved like he was one of our kids. He was 8 years old. I haven't got a good answer for what breed he was... Best guess was newfoundland mix.

My wife and I have had a few dogs over the years. We have received dogs from the shelter, or from families that can no longer care for their dog. Or, in the case with Cyrus, we picked him up from a "foster home" for dogs. This family had around 4 dogs that they were taking care of, trying to place them into good homes.

The day we found Cyrus, we drove out to the foster home. We had intentions of bringing home a young boxer pup. The pup seemed a bit odd, he wasn't too friendly with people. Almost like he wanted to be left alone. Not a good sign in our eyes. All of a sudden, we hear the sound of wood snapping and a huge ball of hair flew into the room. The woman caring for the dogs starting yelling, " No Cyrus, No!" Cyrus was like a Tasmanian devil, running through the house, jumping on my wife and I, jumping on the furniture, and basically wreaking havoc. He had busted down the wooden gate that was holding him in their kitchen and was running around like a nut.

The woman apologized for the dog and said she was sorry that he was bothering us. We told her it was not problem and to leave Cyrus out for a bit, we wanted to get to know him.

Cyrus calmed down after a few minutes. He was a very fun, very loving dog. My wife and I looked at each other and we both knew that this is the dog that was going to come home with us.

Cyrus heard something on the other side of our fence this morning. He managed to bust the gate open and ran out into the street........He will be missed.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 34
Sorry for your loss , always know he will be there watching over you and your Family .

He looks like he was very loved and very happy, and that your family gave him a very good life in return for the joy he gave y'all.

I'm sorry he's gone. Hang in there.

If your much of a reader pm me I got something for you....

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. Its always tough losing a pet that is a member of the family.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine it but I'm sure it is very close to losing a child.

Always a bummer , but boy do those pets leave some good memories. And every good dog goes to heaven :)

As a life long animal lover and dog owner it is really hard anytime you loose a member of the family. Because if you love your pets that is exactly what they are, part of your family. I currently have two, both rescued from different pounds one in Georgia and one in Guam. I'm sorry for your loss and hope you always remember the good times you had.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, GuamImageUploadedByTapatalk1404770846.556310.jpg

Last edited:
Mike, I feel your loss. Pets soon become family members. My wife and I have felt similar pain, more than once.
Be comforted by the fact that you and yours gave a soul - with a questionable future - a loving environment, a family, a place of comfort , love, and security. Very unfortunate that you all could not have enjoyed each other longer.
R.I.P. Cyrus

mike man im fighting back the tears wishing you condolences. we lost one of ours about three weeks ago and another one the day after my birthday the year before last. both in a little over a year. its the hardest thing in the world to lose something that only knows unconditional love and loyalty. you will never forget the comfort he brought to you and your family and i know he will be sorely missed. so sorry for your loss.

odieoh

Sorry for your loss. I feel and know your pain man... My condolences to you and your family.

Latest posts

Back