Centreing my UFO wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharky

Reaction score
Ok..so problem is wheel is 10mm to left which although considered normal on a max seems very odd to my mind.
So after researching this and investigating the wheel I've worked out the following.
Swingarm diameter where shaft goes is 61mm OD.
Allowing even 3mm wall this leaves 55mm.
Shaft is 17mm diameter thus 38mm/2 gives 19mm clearance either side of shaft.
On the wheel (3 piece) I can remove 10mm of ali on the shaft side hub piece to move the wheel to the left thus centreing it.
Notch the arm 10mm to match this and I have clearance for a 190 with a central wheel.
Any points I've overlooked ?

Should not hurt at all. I am used to seeing the offset on the right actually and we offset the extended swingarms to the left to compensate.

Should not hurt at all. I am used to seeing the offset on the right actually and we offset the extended swingarms to the left to compensate.

Isnt the 10 mm "built into the wheel" so that way you can run the bigger wheel with a stock swing arm?

10mm to the right is built into the wheel yes.
However I was exploring moving it back to the left to centre it and thus taking more out of the arm.
Unfortunately this isnt pshyically possible.
I might get 5-6mm to the left but a lot of work for small movement.
I'll go with Seans words and try it first.
I the meantime saving for one of his arms

10mm to the right is built into the wheel yes.
However I was exploring moving it back to the left to centre it and thus taking more out of the arm.
Unfortunately this isnt pshyically possible.
I might get 5-6mm to the left but a lot of work for small movement.
I'll go with Seans words and try it first.
I the meantime saving for one of his arms

It will be worth saving for, it has really helped handling. Albeit I did add radials along with the 3" over braced arm.
+1 to what Jim is going to post at 7:28pm...

When I did my 3 inch extended swingarm I had Sean add the offset into the swingarm so my carrozerria wheels track true.

Latest posts

Back