DD spring removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
03' thru 05' all have the same bore diameter in the clutch master. 14mm
03' is the ONLY year the FJR had a front brake master with 14mm bore
04'-05' FJR front brake masters are 15mm
04'-05' FJR front brake masters for ABS equipped bikes are 16mm.

This was compiled from buying a lot of parts on ebay, different forums and parts fische. I could be wrong though.

I've run oem, fjr, concours, and ZX-14 clutch masters. I like the ZX-14 the best with a DD clutch. It offers the easiest pull and most useful lever travel. It is a radial pump. Not sure what the size is though.

19mm.

Abso-Feaking-Lootley!!!

Man that was to everyone!!! I'll tell you what, i really want the autoclutch. And will get one soon :) Maybe when my wife turns in last years taxes!!! LOL

Much appreciated Hoss, your PM got me back to the thread to read more opinions!

Jay

03' thru 05' all have the same bore diameter in the clutch master. 14mm
03' is the ONLY year the FJR had a front brake master with 14mm bore
04'-05' FJR front brake masters are 15mm
04'-05' FJR front brake masters for ABS equipped bikes are 16mm.

This was compiled from buying a lot of parts on ebay, different forums and parts fische. I could be wrong though.

I've run oem, fjr, concours, and ZX-14 clutch masters. I like the ZX-14 the best with a DD clutch. It offers the easiest pull and most useful lever travel. It is a radial pump. Not sure what the size is though.

Thank Much Mike and Dave, that's what I was looking for.I have the same issue as Ike, but with the brake. I was wondering if I could link my brakes using the back brake pedal and a proportion valve?
Steve

Thank Much Mike and Dave, that's what I was looking for.I have the same issue as Ike, but with the brake. I was wondering if I could link my brakes using the back brake pedal and a proportion valve?
Steve

You can use a honda CBS.

^ I'd recommend you just remove one of those springs (it should only take about 10-15 minutes) and see how you like it before deciding to change out your Clutch Master Cylinder.
Unless you ride pretty hard, you will probably be very happy with it back at the stock setup.

^ I'd recommend you just remove one of those springs (it should only take about 10-15 minutes) and see how you like it before deciding to change out your Clutch Master Cylinder.
Unless you ride pretty hard, you will probably be very happy with it back at the stock setup.

Agreed, except for the 20 minutes it always takes me to scrape the old gasket

-garrett

Agreed, except for the 20 minutes it always takes me to scrape the old gasket

-garrett
I'm guessing that since someone did the DD Mod, that the Clutch cover can probably removed with the Gasket still intact.
Mine came off in one piece about 6 months after I replaced the frictions, when I installed a Barnett Kit.
I still have the New Gasket for future use. ;)

Latest posts

Back