How to Remove the Rear Wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Otec diff shields and there is no way with my shinko verge 200/50-18 tire. I haven't tried airing down but pretty sure that wouldn't help. I have had it off a few times now and I'm pretty good at poking the driveshaft back in place now.

I have the OTEC dust covers on as well, 180 is the biggest you can go without taking off the drive shaft. It just barely pops in there with a lot of effort to not scratch them up, since I had them chromed

Attachments

• IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMAG0149.jpg
    IMAG0149.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMAG0148.jpg
    IMAG0148.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMAG0150.jpg
    IMAG0150.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 139
Hello i was wondering if some kind of grease is applied to gears,teeth whatever its called, the point where the tire connects

Any general purpose automotive grease is OK, something with molybdenum.

Hey there. Longtime lurker here. Is it just me or are those pictures gone. Also what are you guys using to lift your bike other than the center stand? Pitbull only lists 08+ I assume that's too wide for my 03.

Hey there. Longtime lurker here. Is it just me or are those pictures gone. Also what are you guys using to lift your bike other than the center stand? Pitbull only lists 08+ I assume that's too wide for my 03.
I THINK Sean Morley has an adapter that can be used with the pitbull stand and a gen 1. Other wise it wont work.

The photos are from Photobucket. Most were posted with a free account, but now they require you to pay or they don't show your pictures. In June 2017, Photobucket introduced a $399 annual fee to embed images on third-party sites. The site gave zero warning, just a blog post announcing its new terms of service, which didn’t mention the price change. When the changes went into effect, millions of hot-linked images on the internet broke overnight, only displaying a speedometer blaring the message, “PLEASE UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT TO ENABLE 3RD PARTY HOSTING.” With 20 million users hosting images on sites like Amazon and eBay, estimates of about 60 million images went dark during that time. The OP may have closed his account or deleted the pics from Photobucket.

I use an 1500 pound capacity hydraulic motorcycle lift from Harbor Freight.

The photos are from Photobucket. Most were posted with a free account, but now they require you to pay or they don't show your pictures. In June 2017, Photobucket introduced a $399 annual fee to embed images on third-party sites. The site gave zero warning, just a blog post announcing its new terms of service, which didn’t mention the price change. When the changes went into effect, millions of hot-linked images on the internet broke overnight, only displaying a speedometer blaring the message, “PLEASE UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT TO ENABLE 3RD PARTY HOSTING.” With 20 million users hosting images on sites like Amazon and eBay, estimates of about 60 million images went dark during that time. The OP may have closed his account or deleted the pics from Photobucket.
I use an 1500 pound capacity hydraulic motorcycle lift from Harbor Freight.

This is definitely the most-disturbing thing in this post. I'd rather eat worms than buy anything HFT!

worms to eat.jpg

Disclosure: today I used a Chicago Electric 4-1/2" side grinder to replace a crawlspace door that was rotten, frame-too, now it's a 2" X 6" perimeter frame door w/a 5/8" rabbetted single panel, glued & screwed, w/a 2" X 4" PT frame it's mounted-to. I have lots of Harbor Freight tools, though my SAE and metric sockets were purchased last century, minus 21-33 years.

FM, You know what they say about opinions... I have a harbor freight lift that I’ve used for a decade. Had nothing but perfect service from it. There are commercial motorcycle shops in the area here that use them. They also, under severe duty, are very happy with them.

There were issues with the safety bar on the early ones - that has been resolved and all is well. It’s a direct copy of very popular Italian lift used all over the world.

Uuuhhggg stupid Photobucket seems like quite a huge slap in the face to their community! Thanks for the info folks. My poor baby has been sitting in my garage for years with the dreaded 2nd gear curse. I keep flipping back and forth between rolling up the sleeves and fixing it myself or selling it for whatever. If nothing else throwing some tires on it and cleaning her up a bit would be beneficial for either decision.

Uuuhhggg stupid Photobucket seems like quite a huge slap in the face to their community! Thanks for the info folks. My poor baby has been sitting in my garage for years with the dreaded 2nd gear curse. I keep flipping back and forth between rolling up the sleeves and fixing it myself or selling it for whatever. If nothing else throwing some tires on it and cleaning her up a bit would be beneficial for either decision.

I just bypass second gear.

Latest posts

Back