adjusting handlebar controls

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

child_of_fire

Reaction score
Forgive me if this sounds silly or remedial, but is there a way to adjust the handlebar controls inwards so to make room for bar end mirrors? Its a Gen 1 with stock bars and controls.

The only thing you would need to do is pop the chrome caps the are at the ends of the grips. They are just a press fit, so grab, twist, wiggle, pull...

Once they are off, you will see the ends of the handlebars. Bar end mirror mounts will slide into the positions that you just created - if they are the kind that attach via a bar insert.

If the bar end mirrors are a clamp type, you could move the switches and grips in. I would not recommend that as the oem bars are narrow to begin with and making your hand position even narrower will make you work harder at controlling the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

according to CRG i require 3/8" of bar to install the clamp on type. i hadnt considered the inserts because they were very expensive and i was worried about the gap between the unfinished OEM grip end and the bar end...

my idea was to move them in slightly or cut off the tapered edge of the stock throttle and trim the left hand side a smidge as well...

how are others adding bar end mirrors while maintaining a neat appearance?

I have the type that expand within the bar and love them. Don't know if I'd go with clamps ons.

My bars are wider than stock. IIRC, stock bars have "nub" welded to them that would prevent you from sliding the throttle over very far.

To install my bar end grips, I cut the throttle tube flush with the grip. I installed my bar end and aligned it all back up to minimize the gap but still be sure the throttle doest stick/rub against the bar end

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Will it slide off then? Is this task accomplished easily? I may trim or go the route of end insert and make a pvc spacer to dress up the void...

My bars are wider than stock. IIRC, stock bars have "nub" welded to them that would prevent you from sliding the throttle over very far.

To install my bar end grips, I cut the throttle tube flush with the grip. I installed my bar end and aligned it all back up to minimize the gap but still be sure the throttle doest stick/rub against the bar end

thsi worked! thank you!

I did the same.

Back