Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy, Just joined the VMAX forum, I bought my first 1990 VMAX a few months back and have enjoyed reading all the threads here. Always been fond of the shaft drive bikes. Been a vivid rider all my life with other bikes, 1982 Kawasaki 1100 shaft and 1987 Concours, but this is my first VMAX. What a thrill!
This one is pretty much stock. It has a Kerker 4,2,1 exhaust and a few cosmetic changes. Blue LEDS, polished scoops and wheels, and Exacta sissy bar.
Looking forward to reading more and learning more about these incredible bikes.

Attachments

• May31_2016.jpg
    May31_2016.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20160504_194211_resized.jpg
    20160504_194211_resized.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 7
:clapping:Welcome to the forum DR and Chickenlegs! Glad to see you here. I have learned so much from these folks and also trying to help others out too. Have fun and see ya around the Forum.

My name is Shawn and I live in Honolulu, Hawaii. I purchased my 1993 V-Max in Vancouver, B.C., Canada back in 1997 and it has followed me to California and Hawaii. In 2005 my wife and I had our son and the bike went into storage. I've decided to take it out of storage and see if I can get it started. So far this forum is an amazing resource and I'm confident I can get it running if I decide to put the time and money into the project!

Just get it running and you'll be back honeymooning with it again. My ‘85 had a few years off back in 2002 when I bought my Roadstar. It was surprisingly easy to get the bike running after the layup. Over the next year I did a lot of maintainence and fixing little bugs in the bike. It runs great now, been out of storage 10 years or more, and so far this season has more miles put on it than the Roadie.

I have been lurking here for a month or so now. Just reading and learning.

My name is Chris, I'm from Auckland, New Zealand.

I have just purchased a 1995 VMAX with 7000 miles on the clock.

Japanese import.

Still has original tyres and they are still showing lots of tread.

Have had problems since I bought the bike with starting but from reading the information on this site that has now been fixed.

Bought the bike for around town and for the occasional trip to the dragstrip.

I have a V Star 1100 for distance trips.

Been on bikes now for 44 years , still to get a cage licence.

I'll keep on reading here as to mods to improve handling , clutch and engine work.

I'm hoping to get some reasonable times on the strip. I used to race a ZZR1100 at Santa Pod in UK and got 10.5-11 seconds out of her.

Been out of the game for 20 years and just want to get back.

Well thats me. Be gentle with my questions.

I've wanmted a VMAX since ity came out.

Almost went for the Gen 2 but finances just cut that out for the moment.

Lurking for about a month now. I traded a 1998 boat I was tired of paying storage for on a 2006 VMax 1200. She's got 55K miles and while it was salvaged by the PO for dropping it (thankfully had engine braces) several years ago, I had it checked out and there was no frame damage or any issues to be found. He also did a bunch of upgrades. It's an awesome bike, starts every time and no signs of it ever being dropped. The urge to twist the throttle puts a big smile on my face each time I drive it. I have only road dirt bikes in the past so I'm working on getting my Motorcycle Safety license soon so I can do more than practice handling a heavy yet fast bike. Looking forward to riding it a lot before the Seattle summer is over!

Welcome Chris and Stlswagger.

Being in Seattle your close to the North Cascades, a freaggin' amazing day ride. close to Mt Rainier to. I've lived everywhere between Midway and Monroe and cant say I miss it much but always miss the North Cascades ride, everyone should do this at least once. Once you break out of the Greater Seattle area there is a lot of nice riding around the Pacific Northwest.

What a fun bike to tear up the area on.

Hi all Eddie from liverpool UK .
finally got to scratch the v max itch Ive had for about twenty years and the max has a couple of issues I will be asking many questions so am asking in advance for forgivnes for my v max ignorance

Hi all Eddie from liverpool UK .
finally got to scratch the v max itch Ive had for about twenty years and the max has a couple of issues I will be asking many questions so am asking in advance for forgivnes for my v max ignorance

Welcome joat b, can't be ignorant if you bought a vmax-ask away:clapping:

Hello everyone my name is Duane and im from Beach city oh. I just got my max about a month ago and I didn't realize the calling for these bikes until I got one. Ive owned all kinds of bikes from a gsxr1000 to a harley heritage softail and I think ive found the bike I love in the Vmax. Its great to find a group of people to share it with and maybe make some new friends. So its great to be here and I look forward to joining your community. Take care

Last edited:
Welcome Big-helluva jump goin from a gixxer (100?) to a heritage--:rofl_200:
Glad you have the Vmax now-:clapping:

Hi another newbie here! I'm Paul and I'm an alcoholic, oops sorry wrong forum :ummm:
Anyways I'm UK based (NW England) I'm of a certain age and I've been riding bikes for 50 years or so (I started young) I'm into all sorts of bikes and I've got a bit of a thing about two strokes, my current bikes are both oldies a 1972 Suzuki GT750 which I'm selling to buy a VMax and a 1973 Suzuki T500 which I'm restoring. Past bikes include a Z1300 Honda CB900f2 and a GSXR1100 plus many others! I've done a bit of club racing first on an RGV250 and secondly on a Suzuki TR500 which I built myself.
After riding a mates Max a while back I've decided I need one in my life :eusa_dance:
So I'm hoping to pick some of you guys brains re which model of Max to buy and what to look for when viewing.
Thanks for listening and I hope to join the owners ranks soon

Hi paul!

Welcome from a fellow 2 cycle whore.

While shopping there are a few things to watch for but the biggest is 2nd gear popping out under hard accell, its an expensive fix. There is a buyers guide here that covers details and changes over the years including improvements to 2nd gear. Ill edit if I can link w/phone. Theres a ton of good reading and lots of info here along with any parts you could think of.

Hi another newbie here! I'm Paul and I'm an alcoholic, oops sorry wrong forum :ummm:
Anyways I'm UK based (NW England) I'm of a certain age and I've been riding bikes for 50 years or so (I started young) I'm into all sorts of bikes and I've got a bit of a thing about two strokes, my current bikes are both oldies a 1972 Suzuki GT750 which I'm selling to buy a VMax and a 1973 Suzuki T500 which I'm restoring. Past bikes include a Z1300 Honda CB900f2 and a GSXR1100 plus many others! I've done a bit of club racing first on an RGV250 and secondly on a Suzuki TR500 which I built myself.
After riding a mates Max a while back I've decided I need one in my life :eusa_dance:
So I'm hoping to pick some of you guys brains re which model of Max to buy and what to look for when viewing.
Thanks for listening and I hope to join the owners ranks soon

Welcome PaulD, Nice Suzuki-What year 1100 did you have?

Welcome PaulD, Nice Suzuki-What year 1100 did you have?

Thanks for the welcome guys, my GSXR was a 1100K which was an 89 if I remember correctly. Prob the best bike I've ever owned, it used to scare me every time I rode it which in my opinion is what a good bike should do!!

Back