Instruments going out...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falaholic

Reaction score
Started the other day. Noticed that my neutral light wasn't lighting up. Then I noticed that my turn signals won't work. In the end, my tach is only registering 2.5K, and my temps register 2-3 ticks.

Something has going to be working itself loose.

Where should I look?

Loose ground wires. The neutral light, tach and water temp are on the same fuse( Signal 10A ). Check for a loose or bad signal fuse as well.

Sounds like a bad ground to me too, give your wiring a good going over, pay special attention to your plug in connectors for looseness/corrosion, also make sure the frame ground points are clean and tight...........Tom.

As those guys recommended, check the grounds, and make sure the plugs are tight. Use dielectric grease on them. Check that the pins in the plugs are fully-inserted into the nylon blocks and don't back-out when you're inserting the male-female connectors. Also, since these are crimped, not soldered, make sure the crimps are tight, and that the copper strands haven't been severed. It doesn't take much flexing to break the strands, one-by-one. I have found partially-severed conductors just past the point of crimping.

My Tach is sometimes flaky, I smack it and it works....:confused2:

Latest posts

Back