My Vmax performing like a 500cc

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so the little spring that you have to put in place.. goes on the front left and rear left carbs? the throttle control carb, you gotta place that spring in there to keep the opposite force for when you turn sync screw?

it appears that on the other side, there is a place for a similar spring, but either i lost it or you dont need it.. seems like that side is held by its own spring....

correct?

ok i think i figured it out, thanks blax

problem here though, i am short one set screw for the choke linkage...

i remember missing it when i took this apart... so didnt lose it, may have never had it since bought bike 17 yrs ago, or maybe lost it when i tore apart 2 yrs ago and barely knew what i was doing..

so missing linkage set screw...

what do i do?

ok so looks like i also maybe missing one of those springs that are between the carbs... i think you NEED it for one side, but the other is assisted by the big wound spring type t hing onthe carb itself.. so

set screw and one of those spring maybe....

ALSO, since carbs are off. i wont be refitting them tonight. i want to clean up around that central area under the carbs.. any suggestions or anything else i can do to get rid of the grease and crap around there? my intake things onthe engine have been covered with plastic bags and rubber bands to keep crap from getting in engine since i took off carbs, still holding well. so thats goin on, but i'd like to clean up in there cuz i hope to have to not go in there again for a while....

set screw part number

SCREW
11H-14991-00-00

do i really pay .08 dollars and what, 8 bucks shipping for this damn screw?

thwe spring is theone that comes with the stop screw set part 15 i think

set screw part number

SCREW
11H-14991-00-00

do i really pay .08 dollars and what, 8 bucks shipping for this damn screw?

thwe spring is theone that comes with the stop screw set part 15 i think

PM dannymax and see if he has one for sale.

PM dannymax and see if he has one for sale.

Ok, not sure what i was looking at.

At boats.net its part #55. Part Obsolete..

I'll ask Dannymax.

If no luck, dangit, these are like special little screws...

Dannymax is hooking me up.....good man there!

With the carb rack out of there, I'd like to clean up under the carb area...

pulled the clamps off the airbox that go to carb boots, and DAMN, that ultrasonic cleaner with 50/50 simple green and water, really works!

One round with heat at 480 seconds took all that crap right off,,, pulled the clamps out, and put them back in for one more round, good measure.

So, with the rack out, i wanna clean up around in between the middle there, and clean up all that crud that has accumulated over the years of neglect. any other advice, or suggestions of things to do while I have the carb rack off?

So I finished putting the carb rack together.

I then put the boots on the intake and put the rack onto the boots. I think I got it all the way down (how can I tell?). I stlil see a groove visible above the boot thats part of the carb rack... is the boot supposed to be at that point? or do I have it on there good?

I then hooked the fuel line back up. At this point, I should be able to start the bike, right? I thought I didnt need to hook up the throttle cable to the grip, I can just pull the cable manually....

Anyways, i coiuldnt start the bike. not sure what is up. do I need to hook up anything else? i uploaded a vid. also every time, and I have been dealing with this for a while, not sure whats up, but my pump seems to be running quite a bit even after every time I try to start the bike.. my fuel filter is empty, even after hearing the pump go and go... not sure but I think i'm not getting fuel.... i know theres gas in the tank. heres's the link..whats up guys?

https://youtu.be/khvbTxqToxs

Open the drain screws on the fuel bowls to see if there is gas- battery sound weak.
How about a shot of the carbs in the boots- sounds like they need to go down a bit farther.

got it started. had to pull off fuel line from filter and fill with fuel. also had to pull line from carbs and fill with fuel...finally got some fuel in filter. got it started after charging battery all night. new video, got bike running but, probably not so good... going to be a process with this I think to get it going. meanwhile dealing with frickin car. so check out vid. lemee know thanks.. might be uploading when this posts but link should work.

https://youtu.be/Omu_B76MagU

ok got boot thing settled. no one told me they had grooves and slots that the intake goes into... lol.. anyways got the carbs re-installed. the bike starts up. the black slider deals dont move unless I give it some throttle...is that right? also the front left one isn't moving at all,, i have throttled it up a bit (by pulling on the cable, its not hooked up to the grip yet) and the front left isnt moving.. i just rebuild these things. also keep in mind I am missing the choke set screw for that carb.... not sure what that has to do with anything but... good to note....

Check for cracks or holes in the diaphragm on the slide. Make sure they are seated in their grooves.

I'll do that tonight, take the diaphragm cover off and take a peak. I know I glued 2 rips in diaphragms, not sure if that carb is one of them or not, but at least ONE is patched up and working... it was do that or buy a wheel grinder, buy 4 new diaphragms, cuz I think you have to buy all 4 on Ebay from that dude wherever, UK I think?, I think I got some gasket maker that that dude uses in that video, but, shizzle, spend another 150 bucks, so anyways, could be that the front left is one of the patched up ones, but you're saying as long as the groove is lined up, it should be working? If that's all it takes, I'll look into it. I hope its that simple and nothing deeper in the engine... I know, situation isn't ideal or perfect, and after all my hard work rebuilding the carbs, I shouldn't even really risk getting more crap in there from loose adhesive on a patched up carb diaphragm... dangit....

I'll do that tonight, take the diaphragm cover off and take a peak. I know I glued 2 rips in diaphragms, not sure if that carb is one of them or not, but at least ONE is patched up and working... it was do that or buy a wheel grinder, buy 4 new diaphragms, cuz I think you have to buy all 4 on Ebay from that dude wherever, UK I think?, I think I got some gasket maker that that dude uses in that video, but, shizzle, spend another 150 bucks, so anyways, could be that the front left is one of the patched up ones, but you're saying as long as the groove is lined up, it should be working? If that's all it takes, I'll look into it. I hope its that simple and nothing deeper in the engine... I know, situation isn't ideal or perfect, and after all my hard work rebuilding the carbs, I shouldn't even really risk getting more crap in there from loose adhesive on a patched up carb diaphragm... dangit....

New option--loctite---
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=42463

Just my $.02 in..
If you have a Harbor Freight near you, this is great for cleaning your carb parts and body, and you can use it for many other cleaning situations, other than the bike.

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html

I cleaned my carbs 6 times the conventional way (I thought I did a good job).
1st bath, solution started out crystal clear, ended up looking like mud.. It removed shit, that scrubbing couldn't get clean.

Just something to consider.
Good luck with the repair.

What did you use for a cleaning solution in the ultrasonic cleaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back