Motorcycle rider hits falling debris...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stuff falling in the road and trailer truck tire rubber are two big fears of mine. I try to hang back far enough to give myself time to maneuver. A refrigerator on a bridge is the worst I've had to navigate away from. Shorts are just stupid. He swerved right, but I'd bet he didn't know what was coming up on him. He gave himself few options. Ride safe guys.
Steve-o

I just rode by there a couple hours ago. He is really lucky nobody ran over him.

Ouch, that's gotta hurt. I guess we are all wise watching this but it seems he rode into rather than avoiding it

Just as it starting to come loose, it almost appeared as if it would go left but, went right.

Very easy to say he should have went the other way watching it here.

My gal was driving Highway 101 in the number one lane in San Jose, CA at night. She drove past an earth mover tire sitting in the center lane! It took up the entire middle lane.
She drives for a living and has encountered multiple Bar-B-Q grills, construction ladders and even a mounted deer head with antlers in freeway traffic lanes.

My gal was driving Highway 101 in the number one lane in San Jose, CA at night. She drove past an earth mover tire sitting in the center lane! It took up the entire middle lane.
She drives for a living and has encountered multiple Bar-B-Q grills, construction ladders and even a mounted deer head with antlers in freeway traffic lanes.

Hwy 101 is notorious for ladders-bikers nightmares.

Well I have to say he was able to keep his arms & legs in instead of trying to reach out and break his fall, or to try and 'foot-it' onto his feet as he dismounted. That saved him some long-bone fractures, I bet.

I hope they get the driver, but of course, he/she won't get any jail time. "I didn't know anything happened!"

Years-ago, a guy who worked for ocean rescue where I live was trying to get onto the fire dept. He did his clinicals at my dept, and I knew him from his job on the beach patrol. He got hired, and was doing well, he was a good guy.

One day, he was diving on the reefs just offshore, he had a dive flag. I've often done the same thing myself. A large powerboat ignored the dive flag, ran thru the area at speed and struck the swimmer. It cost him his legs. He was able to return to the job, but it was a long time, and of course he wasn't able to be a combat firefighter/paramedic. He took another position in the agency.

A cool note to this, he teamed-up with a blind athlete, and they compete in triathlons together. They swim and run together, and the blind guy is the 'stoker' (the rear position on a tandem bicycle). The blind guy is a former member of the Central Michigan University wrestling team, and went to school there w/friends of mine who are also CMU alumni. http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1993-07-05/news/9301220427_1_race-biking-9-mile

http://www.oandp.com/articles/NEWS_2002-10-28_14.asp

Back