What do you guys think?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, the car should have merged properly. I drove commercial vehicles (24t liftgate van, and several smaller sized vans) in Atlanta, GA., Detroit and people do some strange things to get one car space ahead. :confused2:

While I think the car was in the wrong, if I was on the bike I would have given a gap for her to merge in front of me.

While I think the car was in the wrong, if I was on the bike I would have given a gap for her to merge in front of me.

+1 That would have worked.
I think the bike had right of way. I would have throttled up ahead of her, if I had room, when I saw her. There's a dangerous point in every merge. Who's looking where they're going, and compliant with yield signs, all is important.
Steve

Handful of marbles through her open window... LOL

BUT! This is the stupidity that we face EVERYDAY we ride, or even drive 4 wheels. Use your Spider-sense to know and predict this kind of behaviour. See it coming, avoid it and or set it up NOT to occur. Foresight.
Just had an argument with my girlfriend about being a smart and truly defensive driver. Most 4 wheel only drivers don't get it. After 35 plus years of riding, it's innate now for me.

Was she right or wrong has no bearing if you're laying mangled in a ditch somewhere. Yes, the cop responded and he seemingly had his revenge. This time it worked in his favour. What's he gonna do, run to mommy each time this happens? Is that what you did when a bully came at you in school?

Lesson here I guess is like all 2 wheel lessons learned. Use EVERY advantage that you have as a motorcyclist. Agility, speed and braking (power to weight ratio), 360 degree field of vision, and small size to fit in and between tight spots. AND now, mount a helmet camera each time out.

Other options not yet recognized would be to carry marbles and a sidearm. MAD MAX style!

Handful of marbles through her open window... LOL

BUT! This is the stupidity that we face EVERYDAY we ride, or even drive 4 wheels. Use your Spider-sense to know and predict this kind of behaviour. See it coming, avoid it and or set it up NOT to occur. Foresight.
Just had an argument with my girlfriend about being a smart and truly defensive driver. Most 4 wheel only drivers don't get it. After 35 plus years of riding, it's innate now for me.

Was she right or wrong has no bearing if you're laying mangled in a ditch somewhere. Yes, the cop responded and he seemingly had his revenge. This time it worked in his favour. What's he gonna do, run to mommy each time this happens? Is that what you did when a bully came at you in school?

Lesson here I guess is like all 2 wheel lessons learned. Use EVERY advantage that you have as a motorcyclist. Agility, speed and braking (power to weight ratio), 360 degree field of vision, and small size to fit in and between tight spots. AND now, mount a helmet camera each time out.

Other options not yet recognized would be to carry marbles and a sidearm. MAD MAX style!

I always practice situational awareness and am always mindful of everything that happens(or could happen) around me. About 9 times out of 10, I'm hardly surprised or caught off guard when something does unfold before me...

+1 That would have defused the whole thing- I would NOT want a driver like that behind me and next in line. The biker then follows the police with his lights on-That is illegal and crossing over the double yellow line and pulling up to his door!!! The cop did not look happy with that either.:confused2:

while i think the car was in the wrong, if i was on the bike i would have given a gap for her to merge in front of me.

+1 that would have defused the whole thing- i would not want a driver like that behind me and next in line. The biker then follows the police with his lights on-that is illegal and crossing over the double yellow line and pulling up to his door!!! The cop did not look happy with that either.:confused2:

+1

I had a similar circumstance happen on my lunch break just last week while riding the '85. I let off the throttle and hit the brakes a bit to allow the bastid to go in front of me. At the next light, a guy pulls up in the lane next to me with his window down and says to me "I don't think he saw you." I think to myself "no shit Sherlock", but simply shrugged my shoulders and told him "it happens all the time". Light turned green and everyone move on - no harm, no foul.

But it sure would have been cool to watch him get pulled over by a policeman, had one been available to have witnessed it happen.

Indeed, just give the space or use the throttle, don't argue side to side with a car, you are in a motorcycle without a cage. This happens often, when you merge you like that people give you the space so do the same. If goes wrong don't overreact like a girl. Get a life and don't give us motorcycle riders a bad name.

I have a two to one lane merge area less than 2 miles from my home on a road I prefer to travel as the shortest way home . This merge causes problems ALL DAY LONG when traffic is heavy. I have started going around this merge lane issue by driving about 2 miles further and around this merge area Reduces the stress at the end of the day and I am all about reducing the stress.

I personally think the biker could have and should have avoided this issue by waving the woman on and ahead of me , showing courtesy and keeping the danger ahead of me and in sight.

Back