Omni-Cruise throttle lock review.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseyjones955

Reaction score
I like the Throttlemeister bar ends but the obvious disadvantage is not being able to move it from one bike to another, and honestly cost. The Breakaway, also pretty sweet looking but there is no chance of me paying $150+ for a throttle locking device. Not happening.

I landed on a Go Cruise 2 after talking to another here and seeing they were simple and at around $30 shipped it's pretty affordable. Something that bothered me was I could not find anywhere on the site that said where it was manufactured. I dont need USA made stuff but I have become savvy enough to try to avoid is anything made in China/Taiwan. No surprise, it is a Chinese item.

I found the Omni-Cruise on accident. It is made in the USA and honestly it does look pretty nice, but at $50 bucks shipped I wasn't thrilled with the idea. For fun I went to their site and shot the guy an email asking how soon I could have it, I thought I was going to the IL rally then and time was a factor. I had an email back within the hour with faster shipping options and prices, he also offered to offset the higher shipping cost by throwing in some extra rings. I value non-Chinese products and customer service so we're off to a good start. I ordered it kind of late in the day and he still managed to get it out that same day. It arrived quickly with extra rings as promised, and a hand written note from Brian. I exchanged a couple emails with him after I got it and turns out hes quite a nice guy with an obvious tilt towards customer service.

I got to hold a Go Cruise 2 but not use one, this Omni-Cruise feels much better in the hand, better thought out, it feels like a quality item. So aside from having a more quality feel and look there are three advantages that hit me right away. First is the intuitively located thumb tang makes it easy to adjust or flip it out of the way while keeping eyes on the road. Second is the thumb screw is on top, very easy to adjust without looking and lastly it has a significant hard nylon slide where it contacts the lever. Its a snap to tighten/loosen on the fly to get it just right for the moment, but it keeps adjustment very well once set. Also it would take only a moment to switch between bikes. It has very little visual impact on the bike, which I like.

I think a Go Cruise 2 would work just fine, there are plenty of reviews saying so but the advantages of the Omni-Cruise are easily worth the few extra bucks to me, it was a wrist saver no doubt. After spending some highway time with it today I feel comfortable highly recommending this throttle lock and I'm glad I spent the few extra bucks. I see using this quite a bit and it feels like it could last forever.

Attachments

• DSCN2088.jpg
    DSCN2088.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN2090.jpg
    DSCN2090.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN2087.jpg
    DSCN2087.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 47
Cool. If it came with any instructions, could you copy your impression, and upload the instructions to the factory instructions section?

Great review. Thank you for taking the time to share. I, too, would be interested in seeing the instructions sheet.

It's a small inlay but I scanned it and put it up over there in the factory instruction directory. Let me know if it's unusable and I'll try it another way.

Latest posts

Back