clutch lever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it grinds into gear, like not using the clutch lever. not a lot of clean shifts. Bike has 10000 miles, how often should clutch be replaced ?

Shift segment adjustment ? :ummm:

They get worn, and can cause hard shifting issues...not adjustable that I know of, unless it's simple come loose.

It might also be as simple as having your idle speed set too high. For a smooth neutral to 1st gear shift, our Vmaxes like the idle to be close to 1000rpm. A faster idle of 1500, for example, could cause a much harsher shift.

bike doesn't move with lever pulled in, going to get a gasket then open clutch cover n look at segment , i have been riding it just know something isn't quite right.

bike doesn't move with lever pulled in, going to get a gasket then open clutch cover n look at segment , i have been riding it just know something isn't quite right.
2003 Vmax- Doesn't he have the newer segment?

It seems my lever has too much play in it ! Ordered a new one from cycle gear
I don't think a new lever is going to reduce the play unless it is adjustable and that is not really correcting the problem I am sorry to say.

I removed clutch lever, the grease had dried up, like black dirt, cleaned it up and sprayed WD on it and the little brass fitting and installed it seems smoother and not loose.

Back