are you sure?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srx2002

Reaction score
I just did the rivit cap-exhaust mod....I drilled the rivits did the mod and it sounds Ok...but I'm really worried about those rivits that I punched out and are now hanging around inside the pipe.....Can anyone tell me if there's any danger of that metal being sucked back into the Cyclinder and pop goes a piston or worse??

I know on a 2-stroke snowmobile you cant have any foreign matter in the exhaust...becuase of that.

srx2002 said:
I just did the rivit cap-exhaust mod....I drilled the rivits did the mod and it sounds Ok...but I'm really worried about those rivits that I punched out and are now hanging around inside the pipe.....Can anyone tell me if there's any danger of that metal being sucked back into the Cyclinder and pop goes a piston or worse??

I know on a 2-stroke snowmobile you cant have any foreign matter in the exhaust...becuase of that.

If you saw the V-boost a few months it ago it had a cutaway of the whole bike.
The exhaust internals in the muffler can are a pretty complicated maze.
I saw mine when I totally gutted the can.
I don't think a little piece of metal like a rivet is gonna be smart enough to find it's way through that maze...

wfcall said:
If you saw the V-boost a few months it ago it had a cutaway of the whole bike.
The exhaust internals in the muffler can are a pretty complicated maze.
I saw mine when I totally gutted the can.
I don't think a little piece of metal like a rivet is gonna be smart enough to find it's way through that maze...
I agree. I too tore into the muffler system and there are three compartments, connected by tubes that run all which way. These tubes are between the inner wall and the middle core and run parallel with the outside of the muffler. They also stick out from the compartment wall so nothing could enter them and find it's way forward. I've run mine two years like that and that would be the absolute smallest worry in my life. Breathe easy, it can't happen.

Latest posts

Back