Best Sounding Exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemax04

Reaction score
It would be nice to be able to hear all the various V-Max pipes out there on this forum. Anybody have a clue how this could be done? Also recording has to be done outside, idle first then progressing to 3-4K or something on that order. New exhaust shoppers would get good idea what to buy or what not to. You just gotta hear these twins.

Attachments

• Big Cans.jpg
    Big Cans.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 144
I'll try to find a way / program then post my findings, I know my canon camera can record short video clips with sound.:new3_ani:
Will keep u posted
firefly
________
Honda RVF400 history

Last edited:
Of all the systems I have heard I still say that the old nolonger made walker 4-1-2 with 2 1/4 baffles sounds the best.I heard a set today. Then hmf,ufo,This is what I have with 12" cans. Shawn

Can't really help with the posting of different exhaust systems in a sound file. I AM very pleased with my Supertrapp slip-ons. They were just "ok" until I put on the open endcaps. That deepened the tone and gave it a burble on low RPM decel that is to die for! Plus they were only about $300. :biggrin:

I want to start an "Exhaust Library" and make it a sticky. So send in the picture of your exhaust (describe the size of the can) and load up a WAV sound file with it. Even you guys with stock exhaust or a drilled exhaust. It will be a good reference for others who are thinkg about changing their exhaust.

i have made my own exhausts using the std silencers with the collector box cut off,i used 2-1/4 inch pipe which splits into 2 smaller pipes on each side,the cans are capped and a 2-1/4 hole made to take the pipe so that it slides over 1into 2 pipes,i have found that they sound more meaty and it has improved torque.

ratmax said:
i have made my own exhausts using the std silencers with the collector box cut off,i used 2-1/4 inch pipe which splits into 2 smaller pipes on each side,the cans are capped and a 2-1/4 hole made to take the pipe so that it slides over 1into 2 pipes,i have found that they sound more meaty and it has improved torque.

That sounds like quite an interesting system. I wonder if a 4 into 4 system would work? I don't know anything about exhaust design, so 4 into 4 might be a bad idea. 4 cans might look OK... maybe even an underseat exhaust...:scooter0:

My vote goes to full system Kerker 4-1 Carbon Fiber. That system is loud but oh sooo sweet.

Hi guys
First post here in the new forum. From Portugal, own a modified '96.
Anyway, I remember a while ago there was a japanese site with several wav. files from diferent enhausts. Not sure if it still exists...
I heard a few exhausts on the Vmax and I honestly say my favourite sound is my present setup.
4-2-1 inox headers (originally an Eagle Mach7 from Exactep, uk), fited with a Supertrapp megaphone with no baffle material (but with the baffle still in place) and 20 discs, closed cap.
Sounds like a small block on steroids. Idle is a nasty menacing burble, when you give it WOT on the traffic lights people jump out of their shoes in the sidewalk :)
Just my 2 euro cents
Cheers all

Ricardo Damazio
'96 Vmax Stage7

ratmax said:

Got pics?

I know they arent great for performance, but I love the look and sound of Cobra's

I take it the cobra's are restrictive? More so then stock? Reason I ask is that in pics, the cobra slashes look horrible to me, but I saw one at the bike shop the other day with them and they looked pretty good in person. So I was thinking about getting a set. But hell, if they are more restrictive then stock, the hell with them.

Not to mention I don't want anything too loud. I live in a very quiet neighborhood and I like it that way.

Mark's Performance sound great! Mucho compliments from others.

Of course, Shawn thinks they sound much better than HMF.:eusa_dance:

There's a guy with a race car with a vmax motor in it that autocrosses around here every once in a while. He's running a single 3" system with a flowmaster race muffler. It sounds sweet! Very much like a high revving V-8, at any rpm.

You tube has a Collection of vids from the same rally, All sorts of modified Vmaxs and exhausts/ Just search Vmax and they come up as loudest Exhaust 1,2,3,4....

Back