dyno run

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
Well,I finally got to dyno my bike.Not real good or real bad.Time to redo my worn heads.The valve springs are too weak to set the valves properly.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
shawn kloker said:
Well,I finally got to dyno my bike.Not real good or real bad.Time to redo my worn heads.The valve springs are too weak to set the valves properly.

Are you internally stock? Sounds like 120 plus ain't too bad for internally stock....

I bored it out 2 winters ago and went with 87 mm yamaha pistons.Stage 7 and HMF exhaust.
I have it at Rods shop right now.We are doing a compression check and leak down test tonight before tearing the heads off.These are my stock heads,41k on them.I did the bores at 36k.There's more horse power to be had in there.

Sean was right ,I meant 77mm not 87mm bores.

Last edited:
Roughly, what should these bikes be putting down? Say for a stock 97'.

From what I understand they can be anywhere from 100 -130hp depending on the bike and state of tune.

We tested my compression last night and it was 155lb.,so the bottom end is still in pretty good shape.I only have about 6k on the bottom end since rebuilding it.
I am not toally sure what all we are going to do yet.Porting and cam sprocket slotting for sure.I am letting Rod decide ,He is the motor horsepower master.
I took the heads off last night after that.The bores still look really good.

Are you sure you didn't bore it to 78mm?????

Still looked about right on numbers from what I could tell on your sheet.

Sean

Morley jet kit, Marks Performance exhaust.

Attachments

• marks_dyno0024 (600 x 426).jpg
    marks_dyno0024 (600 x 426).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 99

Latest posts

Back