Another 'Clutch Not Disengaging' Thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only far enough to replace all the friction and steels. Clutch boss never came off the basket.

I wonder if the lever is binding? One of the other guys mentioned this to me on his. Your springs went out already too.

Here goes my problem and hope this helps you. My aftermarket clutch lever was binding. In the pic you can see where there is a ledge that has been ground into the lever.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 32
Sorry for the multiple posts but my ipad will only load 1 pic at a time on the forum. In this picture, you can see the pushrod and the gouge at the blue handle that happened when it bound on the lever. It would not allow full disengagement and caused my clutch to slip only when warmed up. When I thought it was an air bubble, I tried to reverse bleed the system but I couldn't do it. All that would happen is I would blow the hose right off the slave and spew brake fluid everywhere :bang head:. When I removed the lever, I tried to reverse bleed and it worked beautifully :clapping:. So I am waiting on a stock lever and a new pushrod to put it back on the road and hopefully someone will have an idea on how to fix this. I like the looks of my levers but will not use them with this problem.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 30
Sorry for the multiple posts but my ipad will only load 1 pic at a time on the forum. In this picture, you can see the pushrod and the gouge at the blue handle that happened when it bound on the lever. It would not allow full disengagement and caused my clutch to slip only when warmed up. When I thought it was an air bubble, I tried to reverse bleed the system but I couldn't do it. All that would happen is I would blow the hose right off the slave and spew brake fluid everywhere :bang head:. When I removed the lever, I tried to reverse bleed and it worked beautifully :clapping:. So I am waiting on a stock lever and a new pushrod to put it back on the road and hopefully someone will have an idea on how to fix this. I like the looks of my levers but will not use them with this problem.
Sean has a kit to add a sleeve to the lever to fix sloppy clutch levers which reminds me I need to get him payment for the two he set to me, one for clutch and one to try to fit on the brake side of things. I have yet to get to working on this. Sean, I will shoot you a email with some additional stuff I need and for a $$$ total so I can PP you.

another option is FJR masters which work pretty nice.

Latest posts

Back