Help! Put in clutch now rock hard lever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7 Full Size plates are BEFORE you get into the wire retainer and the final half size plate behind the steel. So, a total of 8 plates.

7 Full Size plates are BEFORE you get into the wire retainer and the final half size plate behind the steel. So, a total of 8 plates.

Thanks, can I replace the half plate and washers with a full friction WITHOUT Adding a extra spring? Or are the two to be done together?

I'd like to do away with that wire and extraneous parts if a full size friction will suffice.

Thanks, can I replace the half plate and washers with a full friction WITHOUT Adding a extra spring? Or are the two to be done together?

I'd like to do away with that wire and extraneous parts if a full size friction will suffice.

You don't need the piano retaining wire nor do you have to do the double spring if you don't want. Just get rid of everything after the 1/2 disc (clutch damper spring and spring seat) when replacing it with a full one.

Sean Morley, I think, has a heavy duty spring which I would recommend installing while you had the cover off. Big difference in clutch holding over stock and not much harder than stock feel on the lever.............

Update: I put in 2 more friction plates this morning for a total of eight.
The plates that I ordered where wrong "half plates" but I said what the he'll and put them in first. I made sure to orientated the plate dots. Snugged up the spring plate.

I then bled clutch standard way, changed oil and filter.
Fired up and I'll be dipped I have a nice clutch.

Things to do is to order right plates, use some blue loctite on spring plate .
All said it cost me around 75 bucks plus oil.

Thanks Maxers for the support and tips.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back