ANOTHER New Project, Bobber/Chopper #2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been stored in a climate controlled storage & all the gas was drained prior to storage & he kept it kicked over so its not froze now I just have to keep my fingers crossed the other deal falls through.

Almost too nice to do to it what I would do to it......ALMOST!!!!!:rofl_200:
All I need is a frame neck with clear paperwork from before 1979.....

You guys would have loved this deal

Motorcyle for sale

Yamaha XS650 Special - 1980 - only has 9,759 KM on it (rarely used).

I bought this in 1998, used it for a couple years. Then was planning on selling it in 2000, had it certified then, still have the certificate from then which said 09716KM but didn't get around to posting it.

Had it stored for 5 years, rarely turned on but a few times every few months to keep the engine fresh, then had it re-adjusted in 2005 (Carbs overhauled, new tires, spark plugs, new battery).

Then I did a bad thing, basically kept it in my garage for the past 4 years now just sitting there (I emptied the gas tank though). So the 'new' battery's basically drained, and it's stiffined up a bit, the tires are low on air, but you can still see the plastic 'hairs' on the tires showing they haven't been used yet.

It should take very little work to get this back on the road (i.e. lube up the joints, charge and/or replace battery, re-fill the tires) but I'm not a mechanic and I don't want to pay to have it picked-up and re-certified again. So would rather sell it to someone who knows motorcycles and can look it over themselves. I have my last receipt from Victory Cycle who did the last work on it back in 2005. I also have my last safety certificate from 2000 showing when it only had 09716 KM's on it (it says 09759km now).

Would like to sell it for $1100 as is or best offer. Serious inquiries only please, you can come look it over (PM me and I'll give you my phone #). I'm going to post it on craiglist after a couple days. I just took these pictures an hour ago (today).

Attachments

• 650-1.jpg
    650-1.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 21
  • 650-2.jpg
    650-2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 20
  • 650-3.jpg
    650-3.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 650-4.jpg
    650-4.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 650-5.jpg
    650-5.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 16
  • 650-6.jpg
    650-6.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 14
i read it at first, and was like gary? u paid for a carb overhaul. then i got it. beautiful condition.

Buster - Nice bike for sure.

I've made zero head way the last few days, just getting the cases cleaned up and going together empty for a mock up motor. I have yet to contact the guy about the suposidly good 650 motor.

Latest posts

Back