Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ That's a fair price for an 07 in our area (I'm in Hamburg).
It has some good mods done to it.
I have no idea why he has a custom title though, does it affect insurance rates or getting it registered ???
I'd want to take a test ride and after letting it warm up, run it up to around 8K rpm in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Just to be sure it doesn't pop out of gear.

Alright i will do that thanks dman. Miles seem very low and mods seem great so I'll probably go for it. Have you guys heard of lcr performance in rochester ny?

Yes I have:
This was on YouTube (it's not my Max)
Uploaded on Apr 5, 2008
My chain drive yamaha vmax converted by LCR Performance. Also Keihin carburetors and an airshift with on board compressor. Also done by Larry Fitzgerald, owner of LCR. The chain drive has been on the bike since 1998 with no problems.It has logged 1,000's of miles with no problems. A chain drive today would be modified to look a little different. It would be a bit beefier.
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywZXeR9A8c4

Yeah I've seen that video, it seems like it should be solid especially if a professional built it. How hard is it to make 5 he vmax stock height again? I don't believe he has adjustable lowering links but I'm not sure

Yeah I've seen that video, it seems like it should be solid especially if a professional built it. How hard is it to make 5 he vmax stock height again? I don't believe he has adjustable lowering links but I'm not sure
You could re-install the stock (or after market) 13" rear shocks but I don't know how that would effect handling with that front lowere inverted end installed on that Max.
You could use 12" Progressive rear shocks to get the rear end up an inch and that would leave the front 1" lower than the rear which should work fine.

Last edited:
Greetings.
(That word has always stuck with me since the draft-board sent that fateful letter to me in the sixty's). Forgive me for being late in doing this intro, me having been a member for some time. I thank all who have answered my few posts.
I started with the V-max in 1987. I bought a new 85' in a crate and soon put nitrous on it (way too much). I did all mods by the seat of my pants, not knowing of this wonderful forum. As soon as I dialed in the larger nitrous jets (and the macho fuel pump that much boost required), I quickly learned the clutch needed revision from the diaphragm spring style, and installed a hogged out venture pressure plate with Barnett springs (never tested it after the coil style clutch mod). That bike has been in pieces for the last 24 years, waiting for forged pistons and stronger rods (It was serious fun with aprox. 100 hp kick before I retired it according to Dale Walker). It was cool doing a wheelie at a 80-100 mph. But I like to ride so to this date I have owned five Max's. (Oh, I also buy old UJM's to fix and re-sell). I always like a project too, so three Max's owned at this time. Latest one I just bought a week ago, a mint 86' with 14,000 miles and new carbon bodywork. Gonna skin my helmet to match (anyone on here done this?). Its nice for me to be a member here and realizing I am not the only one with the "V-max crush"...

Hi everyone.
I own a black and grey 03 vmax. Just purchased this summer with about 24k miles on her.
I've only owned sport bikes before the max but the transition hasn't made me miss my 600rr or r6 a bit. Love how the max sounds and rides, even in corners.

My girl is a big fan of the max too, I'm hoping to take a long trip with the this weekend.

Hey y'all I'm knew here and just picked up 98'Max which takes me back to High School when. I brought home an 86 only for my Dad to tell me it had to go or we had to go. I'm in my 40 and have been riding Harley's for some time. I came across a real deal last week where I picked up the Max. I'd like to outfit it with LED's but I don't know where to start. I'd like to find a one stop shop where I can order from. I also am looking for some cool mirrors. I will be blacking is bike out.

Chris

Welcome to the forum....a great bunch of people here. ANY question that you have can be found somewhere.

Just wanted to say hi as im new to the forum. I have had two vmaxes in my day 97 silver /black and my current one a 2002 that i customized to my liking over the winter. I have found a bunch on useful knowledgeable people and very impressed with the site itself glad to be here!

Attachments

• Picture 724.jpg
    Picture 724.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 28
New guy from Central Florida checking in.
Just made a trade for a 2006 VMax, black with the red flames. Will need tires soon and a little TLC but other than that it seems to be ready to go.

Hi Pappy,
Welcome to the best forum. Guess you andI have simular choices on what we ride!!!! I also have a Valk and a Max:eusa_dance: It's a wonderful delema choosing which to ride. Are you a member of a Valkyire forum???
Lew

Am pretty active on the Valkyrie Forum. Love the Valk as a power cruiser. Much more comfortable to ride and still has some kick-ass power. Any long distance rides the Valk will get the nod every time.
The Max is much lighter and a bit of a brute power wise....still getting used to that!

Am pretty active on the Valkyrie Forum. Love the Valk as a power cruiser. Much more comfortable to ride and still has some kick-ass power. Any long distance rides the Valk will get the nod every time.
The Max is much lighter and a bit of a brute power wise....still getting used to that!

LOL....believe me....She is a brute....and welcome to the forum.

Back