What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, a member on here came up with this mod. I just copied it. I'll try to find the thread for it & a ebay link where I got the meter. Its pretty trick, a little hard to see in direct sunlight, but a very easy & good way to keep track of your voltage without some goofy meter:punk:

Looking good Cracker, you are right, in the sunlight its hard to see, but cupping my hand around it darkens it up enough to read. At night its nice too:

CB6B7E10-0BE0-40DE-A225-56221F4ADE02_zps9pqbwloq.jpg

Cool thanks, I have 2 extra vmax gauges. I will give it a shot.

I do have volt gauge on the bike. But like yours better I think. "O" to me like your bike to. It would be a nice XMAS gift funny.

Here's a link to the how to for the voltage meter that bikedave99 wrote up. I just copied what he did. I don't know if he came up with this mod or KJ. I think they both did it about the same time.

http://vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=8470&page=521

Here's a eBay link to some meters. I used .28" size
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251591926373

I pulled my rear fender and faux tank cover off so I can take them with me when I see Matt Donnelly on Saturday. He'll be painting them for me sometime in the next few months.
I'm probably going to go with a high gloss black but I'm not 100% sure yet.

I also bought a new (used) stock Speedo, some Sportmax Frame Braces (Thanks Hurley !)and was gifted with the 2 radiator side covers I need, mine are basically zip tied together at the moment.
So my Max is getting a little closer to being whole again everyday (just like I am) !!!!!!

Install motor cover with window letting the sun shine in.

Sean thanks thanks thanks. Came in from my Docs appointment and the parts was at the front door smiling at me. When open the box up and look inside. They side hello where home. Can we be install on purplish blue right away.
So off I went to pick up the bike from the farm and to bring the bike here.

Now looking blue antifreeze for aluminum motors. I had some but can't find it.
Not sure where I bought it from.

And blue colored motor oil, or purple colored

Me a happy camper :biglaugh:

Attachments

• P1060449.jpg
    P1060449.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 35
  • P1060441.jpg
    P1060441.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 33
No blue but you can use engine ice straight without mixing. It will be close to the color you want.

No blue but you can use engine ice straight without mixing. It will be close to the color you want.

Sean thanks will look into it.
I did have 3 gallons blue antifreeze some where but can't find it.
And don't remember the brand name.

Thanks Sean :eusa_dance:

My new water hoses came in today with be install them soon.

Attachments

• P1060463.jpg
    P1060463.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 28
  • P1060469.jpg
    P1060469.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 23
Now looking blue antifreeze for aluminum motors. I had some but can't find it.
Not sure where I bought it from.

And blue colored motor oil, or purple colored

Me a happy camper :biglaugh:

Jagco,

You can pick up the blue antifreeze at your BMW cage dealer. And Royal Purple is "purplish".

Jagco,

You can pick up the blue antifreeze at your BMW cage dealer. And Royal Purple is "purplish".

thanks for the info, I will look in to it.

Dman they have different colors and comes with 5 year warranty. Complete set with stainless steel clamps. $69.00

I don't mind reusing the stock clamps. they were made decently to begin with.

Ordering clipon handlebars, a smaller speedo' that will mount on the clipon, and planning a knee guard fabrication. The shit is pricey...

Wahoo she runs great! After rebuilding and syncing the carbs, I road tested my barnfind Vmax today.
I am very impressed at how smooth and docile it handles and runs, from putting down the driveway 3 mph to well over 100 mph, very easy, tractable and smooth to control with no suprises. And FAST! That boost thing is rather addictive LOL.

I don't mind reusing the stock clamps. they were made decently to begin with.

The stock clamp are ok but not clean they way i like them plus I'm not sure how old there are / how long they been on the bike. But All new parts clean stainless clamp looks a hole let better. And peace of mind.

New seat cover I will be installing soon.

Attachments

• vmax seat cover.jpg
    vmax seat cover.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 24
Back