What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess concrete can make metal sweat a bit if there's moisture in the air and the temperatures are right. Some say to prevent flat spots on tires but who knows. Mine is sitting on the center stand so not too much weight sitting on the tires. Extra fuel stabilizer and the battery tender plugged in and we're good.

I guess concrete can make metal sweat a bit if there's moisture in the air and the temperatures are right. Some say to prevent flat spots on tires but who knows. Mine is sitting on the center stand so not too much weight sitting on the tires. Extra fuel stabilizer and the battery tender plugged in and we're good.

It's going to be 83 degrees in Phoenix tomorrow. Why would anyone live where they can't ride their VMax every day of the year?

A pic of the vmax little house for the winter I have see through plexiglass for the sides and heater trips will be mounted on the inside.

I have a big bore kit pistons JE forge, rings, sleeves, cylinder heads front and back, cam chains, valve springs, I may be selling here soon if the guy local don't follow through. I bought this stuff thinking i needed it.

I like the outhouse for your Max . Heat strips ? Whick kind are you going to use ?

I see you set your shift point at 11K . You might want to keep those parts for your upcoming rebuild. LOL

Last edited:
Rub it in timpilot, rub it in...... I ask myself that question a lot!

Sorry 'bout that. Couldn't resist.
Good thing for you guys in the cooler climates we have global warming. If not for global warming you might have snow year-round. <g> Then you'd never get to ride.

Haha!! Yeah right! This global warming is terrible...... 70" of snow in Buffalo last week and it's only November! Just got a fresh inch tonight! It's a "balmy" 29' outside right now. Those poor polar ice caps!

Handlebar controls from 85 a little gummy. Sometimes it just ain't worth the time trying clean things upImageUploadedByTapatalk1417117119.681919.jpg

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

I like the outhouse for your Max . Heat strips ? Whick kind are you going to use ?

I see you set your shift point at 11K . You might want to keep those parts for you upcoming rebuild. LOL

The heat strips I had for a long time, Not sure where I pick them up at. I have 16.
They are 8 feet long roll up type has a stat on each 1 to control the temp. 110 volts. They are about 16 years old.

Install the clutch line, the hose is very high pressure upwards 400 to 800 plus psi use at the washington navy. I been press fitting the ends and pressure testing each line before installing them. I started selling them last year. So far 89 sold. The 1st set made was tested at the navy yard, Then I took them over to Super Car auto motive the same shop that work on the vmax motor and they have machine a lot of motors for me over the years.

I did the front last year, Now finish up the rear and clutch line. I have US pn in the works on the lines.

Attachments

• P1070776.jpg
    P1070776.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 52
  • P1070786.jpg
    P1070786.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 53
I install the clutch line the other day, Today bleed the clutch, Man I broke the flavor injector I use to push the brake fluid back up to the master cylinder.
I could not find the other flavor injector. So i tried to bleeding at the slave manually man this can take sometime. So I went to the truck and got my AC gas vacuum pump and cut off the in 1 of the AC lines lift the small piping on. Then install 1/8" silicone hose over it. Install the hose on the slave bleeder valve. Turn on the vacuum pump let I build up a little vacuum pressure. Open the bleed valve just a little man it started pulling the brake fluid from the master cylinder. I let it run the brake fluid almost out close the slave bleed cut the vacuum pump off added brake fluid. Pump the level a few times clutch pulls right at the beginning of the pull. Time it took 6-mins on the clutch, I did the front brakes and rear each bleed valve took about 5 to 6 - mins. There was a little small dirt got suck out the lines to. This will make it very easy to bleed brakes and clean the lines out. This works great :clapping:

I will try this out on few cars later on in the week.
The vacuum pump is about 4 years old I have, cost was $45.00 then.
AT Harbor Freight.

Attachments

• vmax bleeding the lines (1).jpg
    vmax bleeding the lines (1).jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 33
  • vmax bleeding the lines.jpg
    vmax bleeding the lines.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 32
  • vmax bleeding the lines (2).jpg
    vmax bleeding the lines (2).jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 29
  • vmax bleeding the lines (3).jpg
    vmax bleeding the lines (3).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 28
  • vmax bleeding the lines (4).jpg
    vmax bleeding the lines (4).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 27
  • vmax bleeding the lines (5).jpg
    vmax bleeding the lines (5).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 30
  • vmax bleeding the lines (6).jpg
    vmax bleeding the lines (6).jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 31
  • vmax bleeding the lines (7).jpg
    vmax bleeding the lines (7).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 32
  • vmax bleeding the lines (8).jpg
    vmax bleeding the lines (8).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 28
  • vmax bleeding the lines (10).jpg
    vmax bleeding the lines (10).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 27
I'm just about ready to launch into the #2 85 Vmax it's the one I bought late in the season, only rode it about 20 miles before I brought it into my man cave for the winter, roads and temps were getting bad, but just that one ride had me hooked, the 93 Goldwing I have been working on is almost done, now it's time to move on to the Vmax.
PO bobbed the rear fender, has a wider rear tire, mirrors might be stock but I can't see behind me with them , either different stems are needed or something different. I have a complete donor 85, all the body is there on it, I'm thinking of getting the stock back fender on it, match the amethyst paint, detail the engine, get a new windshield and mod the lights some.

Attachments

• 00G0G_eEY5QBvyK7j_600x450.jpg
    00G0G_eEY5QBvyK7j_600x450.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 29
Polish up the switch lever bracket.

Attachments

• vmax update bleededing 126.jpg
    vmax update bleededing 126.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 38
Summer V-Max rescue project is nearing its end. I bought this bike this summer to fix and resell. It had been sitting for three years and was not running. I just finished with the motor swap, carburetor re build and re jet, new fuel tank, complete brake rebuild all the way around, new front tire. Lots of tiding and cleaning up. I just need a good day of polishing and it will be ready for a new home. I took it out for a test ride today. It started up on the first try and runs like a champ!
picture.php

picture.php

Auto stylists often do two different treatments like your paint job, only they do body trim & contours differently, side-to-side. It gives them two different 'looks' so the people who make the decisions get to-see two different style themes.

They came off my personal two face bike. These had regular chrome on the black side and black chrome parts on the red side.

Back