fake names?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shawn kloker said:
Why is everyone hiding who they really are?:Shocked:

It's more fun, plus if I post this :double angry bird: to
someone, they can't beat me up at the next meet if they don't know who I am! LOL!

Desertmax is my biker handle..... pretty common to use handles in motorcycle forums....

it is very common on motorcycle forums for people to make call signs for themselves. If you wanted to you could go to your user CP and go to edit signature. In there you could put your real name and it will show under all of your posts

Privacy. In time, the people you chat with the most you'll get to know by name anyway at meets and stuff or through e-mail.

I like the way the many Native Americans handled it. You were given a birth name, but on adulthood, either chose your own name later, or received it in a Vision Quest type thing. The name you choose says more about you than your birth name. Remember Stands with a Fist....Dances with Wolves....

That's a sight better than Wussie McBullyfodder.... or do I owe someone named Wussie an apology....

:hmmm:

Why is everyone hiding who they really are?:Shocked:

Dunno, I'm just plain ol' KJ Shover. Proud owner of, like my license plate says, KJ's MAX :eusa_dance:

But I did go home with a gal from the bar the other day and when she asked me my name I told her just call me 4gasem. lol

I'm not hiding, I just normally use a name that I associate with the forum/ game/ etc. Redbone it what I have nicknamed my '92 Vmax. I play World of Warcraft and my forum name there is Uprez. It stands for "Upper Penninsula Re(z)servation". In the game people first thought it ws because I was a priest that could resurect players "up" in game.

Just a forum name I've carried over for years. I have nothing to hide, everybody calls me by my name in person.

My friends nicknamed me Herc. every time I try to use my first name as an Id with even a number behind it its already taken.

I'm Ken.

If I give you my last name your going to want my address, my phone number, my social like the people online that keep emailing me telling me I won the lottery they just need all this info plus my bank account number to transfer the money[50 milion] into my account from Zimbabwe.lol

I didn't know Zimbabwe had a lottery lol

Like to fly model airplanes , and build them . So just always liked the name copilot . MY real name is Jason:biglaugh:

I always have a forum name. People here have met me so Im not hiding.

Cheers,
Christopher Smith

Dunno, I'm just plain ol' KJ Shover. Proud owner of, like my license plate says, KJ's MAX :eusa_dance:

But I did go home with a gal from the bar the other day and when she asked me my name I told her just call me 4gasem. lol

That's fine! At least send me some pics of her... Video is better...:whistlin:

Does it matter :ummm:..and why are you asking anyway:hmmm:....I mean, do you have some other agenda here:th_eat_arrow:....yes you do!!!....I knew this was forum was sus...and what about all those other people taking your point of view:surprise:....just stop hassling me man ...you're really freaking me out :th_scared:

.....ahhh but I'll get the last laugh. I'll invent a real name and fool you alll mmmmuuuuuhhhhhhaaaahahahaha:th_biggun:

Last edited:
Keep in mind the REAL Shawn Kloker started this thread almost 2 years ago...:whistlin:

WHAT! Who's using fake names on here??? :rofl_200::smileystooges:

It's simple, really.

People use alternate names so they can be someone they're not for a while and not have to answer for it. After all, if they really screw it up, they can simply create a new account using a different email and noboby will ever know, will they?

The ones who post their real names but keep the nicknames have simply grown more comfortable with the surroundings. They're not worried too much about screwing anything up because they've been around long enough to know the basic community regulars, and they know that no matter what they do the regulars understand them because they know them.

I've only ever used one online name other than my real name in my entire life. It's Parminio.

Reason being, I created that username to play Age of Empires with back in 1997. It's actually mispelled. ParminEo is how it's really spelled, but I changed the spelling to have the name.

Parmineo was the lead general of Alexander the Great of Macedonia. He's one of my historical heros, hence the nickname.

Regards,
Tom

I am pretty much MBreinin on every forum. Not hiding anything, that is Mike Breinin.

Mike

Latest posts

Back