Found these heat shields...thoughts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I think something you have to tie-wrap to your bike shouldn't cost 100 dollars....

Not to my taste, but that is irrelevant. Most important question is do you like them?
If the answer is yes then go for it and the rest of the world can hang...

There are other versions for less but if you like them then by all means install them. $100 is too out of reach in my opinion for the cost.

I have a set of the regular ones with holes in them I'll sell you for $50. I'm going back to Texas for the weekend and can get them boxed up for shipping on Saturday if you're interested. I got them with my frame braces, but I don't feel like putting them on. They have some little pits in them from the frame brace spikes bumping into them during shipping to me, but they're solid and could be powder coated easily if you don't like the look. I'll take some pics Friday night if you want.

I'd say if your name was Evil Knieval .....they'd be perfect! :biglaugh:

Like others have said........if you like them that's all that counts. I've got stuff on my bike I'm sure other people don't care for.......but it looks great to me.

I'd say if your name was Evil Knieval .....they'd be perfect! :biglaugh:

Like others have said........if you like them that's all that counts. I've got stuff on my bike I'm sure other people don't care for.......but it looks great to me.
Haaaa! I was going to say Captain America!!!

I have some of the older ones. To me they are very functional. When you are hauling butt you can "grab" the bike with your knees, kinda holding on.
My 02
michael

About the only thing I would want those for is the addition of foam padding which would make it much more comfy for me. I do agree though that the way it is mounted seems pretty damn cheap for $100

Stars aren't my thing. I do like the standard heat shields though. Get them if you like them. You're the one riding the back :p

Back