change the lens in clutch master

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow guy's i did not no you can replace the glass in the master cylinders.

What super forum this is, I sold both of my old master cylinders to a vmax member 1 was crack and the other was leaking. I bought new master cylinders Yamaha parts.

Man I should have ask here.

Looking at the rebuild kits at cheapcycleparts they are about $25 for the clutch and $38 for the brake rebuild kits. I have several master cyclinders laying around and wonder if i can pull the guts out and use. I guess if the gaskets look good i can at least give it a try. powder coated both master in a flat black for the wifes v-max. they look awesome so far. have the new glass, just have to install the kits etc.
Michael

i had to bake mine out. they turned to mush. Questions. Do you NEED the little piece inside the window that has the slit? mine came out and is kinda beat.
I then need to order kits for both, they are not cheap either. Has anyone pulled the kits from the masters and reused?
any tutorials on putting in a new master kit?
Michael

No you don't, it's there as background to make the fluid level easier to read. If you remove it you can use the same size lens on both masters IIRC

I always found it a little weird that the background slit on the brake side is part of the casting and is a removable insert on the clutch side...............:confused2:

just to keep us ques Danny....they havingvsvgoid laugh at bus now for scratching our heads....i would don the same building a bike lol....hey lets see what happens in 25yrs after if someone notices lol is prob what they said. guess they have a sense of humour

It's been a couple of years but I replaced both my mc windows on my Venture with these watch crystals from Ebay, just get the right diameter and get the thicker option, yes these are glass, I used JB Weld to keep mine in.
Cost me like $6 each I think, that was two years ago, I suggest you buy two sets as I broke one trying to seat it with the disc that has the slot, so I don't use them, just the watch crystals by them selves.

Last edited:
just to keep us ques Danny....they havingvsvgoid laugh at bus now for scratching our heads....i would don the same building a bike lol....hey lets see what happens in 25yrs after if someone notices lol is prob what they said. guess they have a sense of humour

Haha....that's it Rov, the ol' Yamaha engineer "this'll really mess with 'em in a few decades...." :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back