KJShover at work pics?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Holy shit! Is this a typical work day in Alaska? :surprise:

Attachments

• bear1.jpg
    bear1.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 77
  • bear2.jpg
    bear2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 61
  • bear3.jpg
    bear3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 67
  • bear4.jpg
    bear4.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 63
  • bear5.jpg
    bear5.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 51
  • bear6.jpg
    bear6.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 72
:rofl_200: It is if your up in the Barrow area. That red truck looks like an Alyeska rig. I love them pictures! The expression on the bear's face that is chasing the guy around the bronco is priceless.

Man, I know Alaska has a ton of good points but I don't know if I could get used to that nonsense. :ummm: Good on ya!

I heard somewhere that polar bears are the only mammals that actually hunt humans. Looks like this one succeeded.

Wow! Endangered species or not, I think I'd find a very large caliber handgun for the next encounter.

I have never been around polar bears but I think if that bear really wanted that guy it wouldn't have taken more than one trip around the truck to catch him. The guy must have been part of a filming crew so no doubt they would of had a person with a rifle there with them. A hand gun would probably just piss off a polar bear I think.

I have never been around polar bears but I think if that bear really wanted that guy it wouldn't have taken more than one trip around the truck to catch him. The guy must have been part of a filming crew so no doubt they would of had a person with a rifle there with them. A hand gun would probably just piss off a polar bear I think.

From what I heard it was a filming crew. Thats not an adult bear, maybe 18mos there abouts. An adult male is about twice that size. Polar bears are known to be not to picky about thier eating habits. One got put down a while back for encroaching on a village for its meals.

Have you fired a 50 cal Desert Eagle?
I'm thinking the bear will take notice.
Course, It could just piss him off... I don't know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__JkOUheyVk

Cute gun, but it didn't do much more damage than that girl's melons in the other vid :rofl_200:

And I think you guys have it all wrong - that polar ball of fluff was obviously just looking for a 'bear hug' :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Yep, I have fired a Desert Eagle. The first round I fired got my attention really quick. I had been shooting my .45 acp and brothers .44 mag for a while then tried the DE. Holy shit, it really suprised me. I couldn't hit the outer ring at 25 yds w/ 10 shots. I shoot much better w/ wheel guns.:confused2:

Cute gun, but it didn't do much more damage than that girl's melons in the other vid :rofl_200:

And I think you guys have it all wrong - that polar ball of fluff was obviously just looking for a 'bear hug' :clapping::clapping::clapping:

That Desert Eagle rattles your frigin teeth when you shoot it. You can actually feel the heat from the muzzle blast.
Cute my ass!

Smith and Wesson .500 magnum would have done the trick.

Hunting is great up here, if you guys ever get a chance to go I would take it.

Monster moose, trophy caribou and reindeer, the big Kodiak Griz and huge Blackies in the south, Deer, Elk. Don't even get me started on the fishing :clapping:

The last two pics are of the Famous 12.5' 1600lb bear ( actually it was just under 11' from nose to tail and estimated between 1000-1200lbs, but thats the internet for ya) That was shot by an Airman stationed in Alaska ( He used a .338 mag, not a 7mm like the urban myth stated). reguardless, thats one mess you up bear.

Attachments

• caribou.jpg
    caribou.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 18
  • caribou1.jpg
    caribou1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 17
  • moose.jpg
    moose.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 23
  • moose1.jpg
    moose1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 22
  • griz1.jpg
    griz1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 27
  • griz2.jpg
    griz2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 27
either you have some seriously giant animals, or you're having us all on and you guys are all dwarves.. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

either you have some seriously giant animals, or you're having us all on and you guys are all dwarves.. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

They tend to grow big up here. A friend of mine a few years back totalled his F250 by hitting a 1500 lb moose at 55 mph.

heres a little somthing from the AK dept of fish and game:
http://www.adfg.state.ak.us/pubs/notebook/biggame/moose.php

Here is the old world record moose, 72" rack taken in Alaska, and the new 2300lb monster moose taken in Russia.:
http://www.blackbearheaven.com/world-record-moose/world-record-moose.htm

I have a 44Cal DE , yeah it barks, still a better shot with my Model 29 wheel gun. But the eagle has some nice fire power with the 7 extra magazine I have acquired.

Shot the 50, more punch that's for sure

Jesus ffffffng Christ and I thought drop bears in Oz were dangerous.That bear is humungous,no wonder they can take a face off with one swipe or a head with practice.

Well, if you get to see a moose up close, you'll feel like a dwarf! Even with the few that we have around here, their bodies are above the hood of my full size GMC 4x4. I was about 30' from a bull on Isle Royale that I was looking at it mid shoulder (I'm 6', and was hiding behind a tree hoping he wouldn't stomp me!)
(Link to a story about one of my trips to Isle Royale w/ Author Mike Tremblay)

Back