Exhaust without re-tuning?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright this is some weir shit. I just put it all back together and put some new plugs in it and it's back to running like a raped ape. Oh and by the way the new 8" Delkevic exhaust sounds wicked. Still want to get rid of that T-Boost mod. So should I be in a different part of the boards to get info on how I can get this max back to stock?

No need to if it's set to tbe position to open normally. Does it work, opening beginning at 6000 rpm?

Honestly I can't tell bud. It's still not real snappy when I first crack the throttle, but it went back to having what seems like full power. Next time I ride it I will pay better attention to what it does @ 6k. For now Im not going to even touch that switch until I know how and what I need to do to get it to stock. I would like to have more power out of the bike, but I really want to do it the right way you know what I mean. I have no reference of knowing how it runs stock vs having this mod on it. If all it's doing is kicking in the vboost sooner then I don't really have a problem with that. Thing is I have no idea how well it runs without it or if it is even working or what. It's all so convoluted. LOL What I do know is in the upper rpm range it really is a beast. Would like to have it be more snappy when the throttle is first cracked though.

So, when I return to the States in a couple of months I am considering a few an exhaust on my ‘01 Gen 1.
The title and previous entries in this thread are exactly what I am looking for. My goals would be losing weight of the stock exhaust, retaining the center stand, and not losing power.
I’ve been finding black Supertrapps from some sources for around $450 USD.
My understanding from a lot of posts on here is with the correct number of discs I would lose about 20lbs off the bike and not lose any power and would require minimal trial and error tuning to avoid Ruining a perfectly fine running bike.
I have always liked the looks of Supertrapps, but I’m not 100% committed to this idea just yet.
Can anyone else recommend any other similar or better solutions ? I’m just curious and open to feedback . ( I’m also open to the idea of just leaving it the hell alone since I’ve owned it 8 or 9 years now with no real complaint )

I can source them for you as well or even full headers for not a lot more. The power would remain the same as stock with the trapps and lose weight exactly as you mentioned. I would suggest one or two sizes smaller mains to get it running crisp but that's about it.

I can source them for you as well or even full headers for not a lot more. The power would remain the same as stock with the trapps and lose weight exactly as you mentioned. I would suggest one or two sizes smaller mains to get it running crisp but that's about it.
Sean, thanks for reply.
If I decide to pull the trigger on this upgrade I will def shoot you a couple emails and see what we could work out .

Latest posts

Back