IXIL exhaust-thanks KJ

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midmoraider

Reaction score
After seeing KJ's video on his exhuast, I ordered one from Indysuperbikes. I already had a Hindle 4-2-1 and wanted a different can. KJ wasn't kidding, this thing is LOUD. :punk: All of the IXIL cans are the same, with different fittings for particular bikes. I ordered one for the Suzuki Gladius, whatever that is, and had the bike builder behind our business cut off and weld on the correct size fitting. Love how it looks and sounds, but it's not for anyone who has to deal with noise ordinances (that are enforced). Anyway, props to KJ for finding this and trying it out.

Attachments

• Bike 1.jpg
    Bike 1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 216
  • Bike 2.jpg
    Bike 2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 217
After seeing KJ's video on his exhuast, I ordered one from Indysuperbikes. I already had a Hindle 4-2-1 and wanted a different can. KJ wasn't kidding, this thing is LOUD. :punk: All of the IXIL cans are the same, with different fittings for particular bikes. I ordered one for the Suzuki Gladius, whatever that is, and had the bike builder behind our business cut off and weld on the correct size fitting. Love how it looks and sounds, but it's not for anyone who has to deal with noise ordinances (that are enforced). Anyway, props to KJ for finding this and trying it out.
Got mine in two days ago, waiting for a nicer day to ride over to my brothers shop to weld it on :) Also ordered it after seeing KJ's bike. Mine was from a zx6r it wat $99 before shipping. I was thinking about painting mine black and only leaving the tips metal.

Did yours come with some disclaimer in Spanish? Mine did which I thought was pretty funny.

Yeah, in hindsight I would have gotten the one for the ZX6 and saved $10. But, after doing some research, the Gladius pipe would have been a straight replacement, except the opening was only 1.75" instead of 2". Figures. Didn't notice the disclaimer, but wasn't really looking either.

Side note, I'm definitely gonna have to drop the mains a size or two. Really rich now.

I have marks exhaust and love the sound and performance but good god... I love the look of those pipes.

I want to hear them, I'm wondering if there would be a different note when they're mated to a Kerker, Hindle, Marks.... Etc.

I know that they are set up for a 4-2-1 system but could they be used on 4-2-2 system. I like the look and the sound is not a issue for me. I know to get anything in the extra house power dept. you need to change the header pipes.

I know that they are set up for a 4-2-1 system but could they be used on 4-2-2 system. I like the look and the sound is not a issue for me. I know to get anything in the extra house power dept. you need to change the header pipes.

I saw a Kwaka zx-something with these as a 4-2-2. Looked pretty good.
Never got to hear it though.

Like I said about KJ's Video, those are some seriously Mean Sounding Exhaust.
I couldn't get away with anything that loud here.
Those sound as loud as mine did when I had my Exhaust completely off (Straight Headers).
I went up and down the street and it was insanely loud !

STOP POSTING LINKS THAT MAKE ME WANT TO SPEND MONEY!!!!

........that I don't have. :(

That's one thing I liked about these. If you have a 4-1 or 4-2-1, you can get one nasty sounding bike for about a hundred bucks. Mine's set up to where I can just unbolt and slip it off and put on the Hindle if I want to quiet it down. Buuuuut, I don't see that happening. :punk:

KJ, where did you first see these? Just surfing around or did you see them on something? Again, great find.

Looks good. Oh, and you can thank me for helping send the info to KJ!

Sean

Thanks Sean! Did someone see these on a Max before? Looks and sounds like the true hotrod that it is now.

I don't remember where I saw them but KJ had been talking about doing a similar setup. I just helped him out a bit. I have seen dual Kerker cans on a friends bike before but that's a lot larger then what KJ used.

Sean

image.php
That looks cool to me. I think I would go for that 4-2-4 set up http://www.indysuperbike.com/Ixil_Dual_Hyperlow_SlipOn_Exhaust_Kawasaki_Z1000-1616844.html

lol oh hell yeah the more the merrier and in stereo, I really like the looks but I have to place this mod on the back burner. I have too many things to take care of first Sean is tops on my list. If I could sell my Honda I would have Christmas party on the max lol.

Latest posts

Back