IXIL exhaust-thanks KJ

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly love the sound I have now, I just don't like the look of cans.

I would probably get a set, if I knew it would not take away from power.

I don't remember where I saw them but KJ had been talking about doing a similar setup.

Yuppers, I was looking at fabbing up a different setup. Sean sent me a link for Furax Joe's and I loved them from the moment I saw them. I ended up going through a different vendor to get them. I paid more for mine than you cats did for yours, I didn't find the US vendor until I already had the pipe in my hands. Oh well, that was $280 (with shipping) that I probably would have wasted anyway. My great luck that Indysuperbikes is having a sale and they're going for around $100. I'm glad that the US dealer has better prices, so those that like them too didn't get gouged. :clapping:

Here is a photoshop of what I was going to do with some laser mufflers. I'm liking the way the IXIL's look and sound, and I still saved money by not doing it this way, so I'm happy :banana:

pipemockup.jpg

I would probably get a set, if I knew it would not take away from power.

After talking with a few guys that are in the know about them. The general consensus is that on the sportbikes with cat's they will eat some power, even more so with DB killers installed, especially if they don't have a power commander and set up the mapping. I figure, this is with stock pipes (this muffler is a slip-on) with the headers, its going to work better.

On other bikes without cats there is a gain of between 3 and 6hp. Taking measurements and whatnot, I'm confident that it flows a little better than my Kerker carbon can did with the 2" hi-flo baffle in it. and being the step down dims are going from the Kerker's 2.25" to the IXIL's 2" intake then "Y"-ing to two 1.5" mufflers, the back-pressure is going to be there and still allow for some decent scavenging.

If it eats a little HP, like 10 or so (I don't think it will, I'm not too worried about it. Like my dad said; "Between the cams, carb kit, headers, head work, oh yeah that nitrous shit, your still going to be putting down near the 200's, and where in the hell are you going to use that at?."

I tried the website?? Wasn't there. I read something about them going out of business. Any truth to that? If so where can I locate a dual set. eBay has them for $500 or so. Read back and someone got a set for $100

Thanks again Dennis, that sight worked. I'll be grabbing these real soon. That sound is like a magnet drawing me to it lol. That's the craziest sounding exhaust I've heard for the bike. I've made like 6 people listen to it. I believe they think I'm crazy, they wouldn't understand

Thanks again Dennis, that sight worked. I'll be grabbing these real soon. That sound is like a magnet drawing me to it lol. That's the craziest sounding exhaust I've heard for the bike. I've made like 6 people listen to it. I believe they think I'm crazy, they wouldn't understand
:biglaugh:
I hear that, that's the Nastiest exhaust I have ever heard on a Vmax. :punk:

I love KJ's Ixil setup and now I'm looking into upgrading my old nasty black stock pipes and mufflers with a 4-2 and 2 Ixil Hyperlow L2X slip ons. But I'm really starting from scratch and don't know where to begin to achieve that goal. When it comes to exhausts, I'm a big noob...!

I read on the forum different 4-2 options available for the vmax:
- Kerker
- Mark's
- Voodoo
- UFO

and It looks like with some adjustment I could fit the Ixil L2X XK7374V and XK7375V.

So what setup do you think I should go with ?
I read the Kerker system give the best sound to the vmax and Voodoos are loud. Is that right ?

Any feedback, comments, pros and cons, links to buy (Sean ?) and help is much appreciated...
KJ, if you read this post, I'd really like to hear about your mod to fit these Ixil on the vmax.

Does sound bad ass.. is that inside or outside?

Mean indeed, but too loud for those of us that may pass a statey now n then. Jmo

T $

That is inside, and ive wonder that as well.

In speaking with KJ, he said that it wasnt that bad. At idle, slightly louder than a kerker competition baffle (of which i am running the 2.5 version) and at part throttle thru the midrange, it said that it wasnt bad, because it had a deeper tone to it.

LOL, i guess the only way to truly find out is to make the leap and see. I can always change it back, and Ive spent more money on less.

Attachments

• 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 22
Yep, I cant see it either. There is a pdf and guidance about which one KJ used. I will see if I can find it.

Ok, after some looking, here is the one that KJ used. Its for the ZX600R. The style of the exhaust tips is LX2.

You can see them on the PDF's that Ive uploaded.

Here it is on the IXIL website.

http://ixil.com/en/zx-6-r-09-13-zx600r/761-kawasaki-zx-6-r-09-10-zx600r.html#sthash.N7H8fHpg.dpbs

So now I guess people can look around and find the cheapest version.

Found this one.

http://www.ixilusa.com/ixil-l2x-hyperlow-slip-on-exhaust-kawasaki-zx-636-r-2013-2015/#.WWomcojytPY

http://www.ixilusa.com/ixil-l2x-hyp...awasaki-zx-6-r-zx600r-2009-2013/#.WWomxojytPY

Attachments

• COLLECTION2012.pdf
    112.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IXIL2013EXPORT (part numbers) (1).pdf
    47.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back