different exhaust sounds

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do plan on getting a full exhaust system and the morley jet kit. Havent heard the DragStar slash cut in person, but i definitely want a 4-1.
here is a vid of the Dragstar 4-1
http://youtu.be/HyqTX_kUA9c

That is a VERY Loud pipe, VMax-Mike he has that UFO Slash cut and he deafened my left ear at Thunder in the Valley.
His doesn't have a Baffle at all though and I heard a different one at Thunder that did have a Baffle and it's still loud just not ear drum shattering loud.

Last edited:
Mike has baffles now and it was pretty quiet compared to how it was. The different isn't the loudness, but the pitch. The pitch is higher. Compared to my exhaust mine is deep, Mikes was more pitched and not as deep.

Actually i have had baffles in sense day one. The only time i went without them was at the dragstrip. My new baffles that damon made me are working out great. I ran my best time with them in.

Stock '94 with SuperTrapp slip-ons, 7 discs per side and cap.

pretty cool camera effects--the slow panning and zooming. i assume there is no cameraman? were the effects post capture or real-time capture?

SO how loud are the supertrapp slip-ons compared to drilled stock? That is a great sound.
i had the fortune of sitting my drilled-stocks next to some supertrapps. no comparison. supertrapps are in a different league.

Different league louder or just that sound? I'm not trying to become unpopular in my neighborhood...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Supertrapp is much louder than drilled stockers, sound a lot better to my ear as well.

That video was taken with a GoPro mounted on a tripod, no camera man. The panning effects were added later with windows movie maker.

I agree with who ever said "where's the videos with people actually riding their bike?" way too many boring ass idling and goin down the road never getting over 6 grand and turning around. but anyway heres my exhaust note... I lied earlier when I said boostmax's video was my new favorite... this is it. The man that introduced me to the vmax in 85... got me grounded from it in 86... took me a long time to get it. but its mymax now. But since he got the new one I will let him reminice, and feel young again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFoOoAiZ9iU

Welp, I love the looks of the Cobra 4-4 slashcuts shown, but the sound was kinda lacking in my opinion. It sounded almost stock. I shall have to see what can be done to change the sound they make. I know my Shadow sounded sweet with the baffles unwrapped in the dragpipes. Must look more into this. Gotta have BOTH the look and sound!!!

Ok, I have to just say that this has to be the ugliest exhaust I have seen to date on a Max.
Woona is not pleased.
3bY2W.png

Hey there guys, I'm brand new here, I'm Ollie from Virginia Beach, VA riding a 2000 VMAX carbon color.

I would like to show you a modification result I've done on Cobra Slash Cut slip-ons. I hope you guys enjoy. I rejeted the bike and synchronized the carbs. Power is there, not lean, and in my opinion it sounds really good. What do you think?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back