Cut out cobra baffles.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killjoy

Reaction score
So from the inlet side took my long pry bar and busted out the center cap (small plug inside the baffle tube) and used dremel to cut the spot welds and a 1-3/4" metal cutting hole saw and cut off the baffle end plate. The results as far as I can tell I picked up some midrange power compared to my first ride. But might be a placebo effect due to the glorious sound increase. Here's a vid. It doesn't make that stupid Putt-Putt of a plugged exhaust. Just a nice chunky idle and let me tell you this sucker is loud. I have no proof of power gains but the gain in sound is enough to keep me enjoying the 4-4 because I like the look till I can afford the quadzilla. But the bike is looking great imo.

https://youtu.be/fHPT3e7yCbY

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-12-15-32-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-07-12-15-32-59.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 28
I turned on my Yamaha Sub Woofer and it sounded great to me. I generally do things that go bang so I like loud. The video that came up next was totally awesome. Loads of Vmax's!!!!!!

Cool. I have cobras (yes currently changin to Marks)
Ans finally got a good recording of the cobs.

Most of the recordings ive heard of cobras, were kinda qiiet all things considered... mine seemed much louder than recordings. In a good way. I think yours are much louder than mine, although mine seem louder than any recoreded cobra ive heard. (Dont k ow if theyre drilled or not.) Yours seem very 'open headerish' now. Do u have recording of the before drilling?

Anyway, they sound decent, and as always, much better in person.

I will soon post my recording of my cobras, whick sound waay louder than stock.

Cobras look great..and i will have a set for sale cheap..shortly...with stock pipes btw..if reqd.

T $

Waaay better than stock. ;)

Here's a quick before vid. Just a little Putt-Putt sound

https://youtu.be/npnISkpcEEs

And all of these vids were recorded with my cell phone.
I'm very impressed with the sound that came out of them now. At least I'm thinking I can run these cobras and be at stock performance (i guess cobras killed power) and still look killer and sound badass too. They sound really crisp in the high rpms!

Latest posts

Back