What Muffler for a 4-2-1 header?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stangn

Reaction score
Well I bought a used unknown 4-2-1 header from eBay and need to put a muffler on it.
There are plenty of choices out there for sport bike cans, anyone played with mufflers?
Looking at Vance & Hines or Yosh. I did find a Kerker K2, I know it's liked on a V4.
I can fab an inlet so that's doesn't really matter as long as it's not an internal restriction.

First, where are you located? That would help if someone on here is close to you.

Second, you might want to give people a bit-more than five hours to respond. People work, they have families, or they might be out riding on a nice summer afternoon.

Third, this thread should answer some of your questions:
http://vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=31804&highlight=frankencanister

Well I bought a used unknown 4-2-1 header from eBay and need to put a muffler on it.
There are plenty of choices out there for sport bike cans, anyone played with mufflers?
Looking at Vance & Hines or Yosh. I did find a Kerker K2, I know it's liked on a V4.
I can fab an inlet so that's doesn't really matter as long as it's not an internal restriction.

Out of the choices you listed, id go kerker. Which i always loved, as it was on the 1st vmax i ever heard. And its quite goosebump inducing.

I ended up goin for "marks perfomance" (4-1) as IT os even deeper rumble than kerker.

But also, as others mentioned, Sean Morley has some beautiful looking and sounding options (and also sells kerker ironically enough) and may have some used choices available as well.

Smart money would be to contact Sean (at least to pick his brain) before buying anything. He will let you know if you can get an item at a better price than his. Many people wish they had contacted him 1st. ( ive read almost every thread, in every catagory ,since the beginning, and have seen it lots of times)

Jmo
(Just previewed my post, and it looks like i work for sean, lol. I dont. Hes just a great guy- that I cant help but give my extra money to. ;) )

T $

If you can fab your own inlet, your choices are limited only by your budget or personal taste.

Two brothers, hindle, kerker/supertrapp, Yoshimura, etc. There are tons of options.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm in Tampa Florida for what it's worth, I can fabricate what I need to adapt a can. I'm not looking to buy someone's complete exhaust.

Fire medic I can tell your from Little Cuba! Lol. Thanks for the help you've giving me from 2013. It's been 4 years since your frankencan or whatever it is. Are you still happy with a 10' long muffler or did you cut it down or scrap it altogether?

Exhaust technology changes fast and I just wanted some current data. Guess I'll just wing it and see what happens. Lol

Thanks to all for the help and I'll give everyone a few days to think things over and not look at how many views are on my post with no replies.

Thanks for the comment, no, I still run the "ten foot exhaust." I like the quietness, and I didn't need to change my jetting. I have a Supertrapp megaphone I could put on with the same inlet dia, but I don't mind it (the way it looks), and I have a UFO megaphone but it's still too-loud compared to my cobbled-together one.

FYI, the area just to the west of downtown Miami is usually referred to by its nickname of "Little Havana." They have a street festival there once a year that is claimed to attract nearly one million people. South Florida has many central and south Americans now, not just Cubans. If you like brunettes, I think there are few-better places on earth to sightsee. A hop across the causeway to Miami Beach, and now they are all in skimpy bathing suits, and on a good day, you will probably see some model shoots especially along the beach. Remember that scene in Scarface where they try to purchase drugs from some Columbians? The European cut of the movie showed the guy with the chainsaw in the shower attacking Al Pacino's friend. That was shot in Miami Beach.

I think the 'do-it-yourself' exhaust canister method is cheap, fast, and it can be aesthetically-pleasing.

I'm in Tampa Florida for what it's worth, I can fabricate what I need to adapt a can. I'm not looking to buy someone's complete exhaust.

Fire medic I can tell your from Little Cuba! Lol. Thanks for the help you've giving me from 2013. It's been 4 years since your frankencan or whatever it is. Are you still happy with a 10' long muffler or did you cut it down or scrap it altogether?

Exhaust technology changes fast and I just wanted some current data. Guess I'll just wing it and see what happens. Lol

Thanks to all for the help and I'll give everyone a few days to think things over and not look at how many views are on my post with no replies.

Lol. I've been do Miami and it sucked for a white English speaking American. Went to Miami Beach and was not impressed either. If you want to see beautiful women Siesta Key beach in Sarasota is it! Longboat Key for the money lol.

All kidding aside are you still doing 17" wheels? That's in my future, my buddy does beadlock wheels and I believe he could build me a wheel but it's not a normal thing for him.

Latest posts

Back