The perfect exhaust- What would you want?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwaxxed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a local guy where I am who is an unbelievably great fabricator. He has made tons of top quality exhausts, turbo kits, heat exchangers, etc for a bunch of my car friends and I am going to have him build me a new exhaust for mine. My old hindle is just worn out and seen better days.

If you could build the perfect exhaust, what would the most important features be and what would you not want in one?

Trying to get the best product I can the first time around.

Any input would be appreciated.

Exactly the same as original, but minus the balance tube so the swingarm brace would fit :).

Personally, I think Mark's exhaust PIPES have everything I want.
They fit perfectly. They are stainless. The head flanges are fairly thick. He builds a crossover pipe in.

If they were polished stainless, they'd be fucking awesome. As they are, they are awesome.

Now, his cans/mufflers/whatever you want to call them. They sound great. But I feel they are a little utilitarian in their looks. Specifically the ones with the turn down tips.

If he would dress the mufflers up a little bit, I feel it would go a long way. For me, the ability to install an aftermarket endcap would do the trick.

https://www.hmfracing.com/parts/end-caps

They fit perfectly. They are stainless. The head flanges are fairly thick. He builds a crossover pipe in.

If they were polished stainless, they'd be fucking awesome. As they are, they are awesome.

Now, his cans/mufflers/whatever you want to call them. They sound great. But I feel they are a little utilitarian in their looks. Specifically the ones with the turn down tips.

If he would dress the mufflers up a little bit, I feel it would go a long way. For me, the ability to install an aftermarket endcap would do the trick.

I basically agree but my whole system is Stock Marks 4-2. I let the pipes turn color and I still love the sound. Other bikes pull up beside me just to hear the bike at speed.:clapping:

+1 I'd go for Mark's sound & headers & performance gain that look like Cobras or even stock mufflers.

Piling on, it's Mark's pipes for me as well! I have had a set since '09 and love the sound! They are loud but with a rumble not like some that are loud and raspy (ear splittingly so!). Mine have 12" cans w/ 2.25" openings and have been checked with a sound meter; they were 114 db @ ~6'.

Dam Exhaust mufflers. Type Supermax

Great muscle sound and dito looks

SUPERMAX 1200 CLASSIC POLI
Supermax 1200 Set Classic polished

• - Polished version with pressed logo and Turn-in endcap
  • - The silencers are completely handmade
  • - Are equipped with a European certification CE / TUV
  • - The exhaust meets the statutory noise level when the noise killer is mounted.
  • - Db-killer is removable
  • - Dark and deep Sound
  • - Has extra power gains and improved power curve
  • Price 721.30 euros = $858.

http://www.damexhaust.com/product-detail/65

Might as well save $ and get a Mark's full exhaust. I do like the looks and the jaunty angle of the megaphone.

Attachments

• DAM Supermax exhaust slip-on.pdf
    221.8 KB · Views: 22
The exact same look as stock, quiet as stock, except all Ti.

Look of Cobras 4-4
Quietness of stock/Cobras
HP gain of Sean's
Stainless

The looks of the OEM but with the sound of the Race Comp Kerker baffle, and a close second of the original '80s Hindle baffle.

Mark's header system rocks. I'd copy the same, 4-2, with 14" black carbon fiber cans. No turn-down on the can ends. Mark McDade's exhaust come with his Kerker engineering know how.

Mark's header system rocks. I'd copy the same, 4-2, with 14" black carbon fiber cans. No turn-down on the can ends. Mark McDade's exhaust come with his Kerker engineering know how.

That would be one sweet sounding and looking system! Kerker 4into1 with comp baffle is my second favorite sounding system.

Yes, no center stand is not convenient for maintenance, I like the Kerker 4/1 sound, but no centerstand is unfortunate. I have a Kerker 4/1 sitting on the shelf but don't want to make the bracket cut. The UFO 4/1 allows you to use the centerstand for maintenance but you cannot leave it in place to ride. No bracket cutting, either.

+1. A 4-1 would be interesting. I regret letting my Kerker system go. The center stand bracket removal is the deal breaker, for me.

Yes, no center stand is not convenient for maintenance, I like the Kerker 4/1 sound, but no centerstand is unfortunate. I have a Kerker 4/1 sitting on the shelf but don't want to make the bracket cut. The UFO 4/1 allows you to use the centerstand for maintenance but you cannot leave it in place to ride. No bracket cutting, either.

Thanks Phillip, good to know. I only put the stand on while working on my bike anyway. So, a UFO might get installed someday.

Latest posts

Back