Mark's Exhaust Sounds Gen 1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here another variation (mine :biglaugh:) of Mark's Pipes in SS with 12" cans, 2.25" openings, no turn down.

Attachments

• Marks not installed 1.jpg
    Marks not installed 1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 159
  • Marks not installed 2.jpg
    Marks not installed 2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Marks not installed 4.jpg
    Marks not installed 4.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Marks not installed 5.jpg
    Marks not installed 5.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Marks not installed 6.jpg
    Marks not installed 6.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 174
Yep, install is a snap. It was harder getting the OE pipes off than putting the Marks Pipes on! Removing the headers for cylinders 1 and 4 and that big heat shield were the worst part of the whole exhaust install.

If you going with an exhaust I'd say its the perfect time to drop the oil pan and check things out and take preventative measures with either Seans oiling upgrade, COO's pop stopper kit, or the Boxenstopp engine saver bracket. The only bad part about this mod is scraping the gasket. Mine was completely stuck to the engine case. It sucks laying on the floor trying to reach your hand in there. I shoulda rode up to Danny's house and used his lift!:biglaugh:

Probably not a necessary mod but doing it made me sleep a little better. I read too much crap about the orange o ring BS.

Yep, install is a snap. It was harder getting the OE pipes off than putting the Marks Pipes on! Removing the headers for cylinders 1 and 4 and that big heat shield were the worst part of the whole exhaust install.

If you going with an exhaust I'd say its the perfect time to drop the oil pan and check things out and take preventative measures with either Seans oiling upgrade, COO's pop stopper kit, or the Boxenstopp engine saver bracket. The only bad part about this mod is scraping the gasket. Mine was completely stuck to the engine case. It sucks laying on the floor trying to reach your hand in there. I shoulda rode up to Danny's house and used his lift!:biglaugh:

Probably not a necessary mod but doing it made me sleep a little better. I read too much crap about the orange o ring BS.

:biglaugh: Anytime Mike!! But, even with the lift, it was a huge PITA scraping that damn gasket!!

I think pulling the motor would be the best way to go there....you know, like the steering head bearing approach!! :punk:

Music to my ears! Thanks for the 4 into 1 sound clip!:worthy:
I'll have to start Redbone one last time before the engine comes out. :punk:

Music to my ears! Thanks for the 4 into 1 sound clip!:worthy:
I'll have to start Redbone one last time before the engine comes out. :punk:

heres what it looks like:

Attachments

• Marks Performance 4-2-1.jpg
    Marks Performance 4-2-1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 6 Marks Performance 4-2-1.jpg
    6 Marks Performance 4-2-1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 2 Marks Performance 4-2-1.jpg
    2 Marks Performance 4-2-1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 8 Marks Performance 4-2-1.jpg
    8 Marks Performance 4-2-1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 64
heres what it looks like:
I have seen those before, are you still trying to sell them? Or are they going with the bike? I went with the 4 into 2 from Mark as I like the look of pipes on both sides.
Your pictures inspired me to take these pictures!

Attachments

• Marks not installed 1.jpg
    Marks not installed 1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Marks not installed 2.jpg
    Marks not installed 2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Marks not installed 3.jpg
    Marks not installed 3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Marks not installed 5.jpg
    Marks not installed 5.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 36
I have seen those before, are you still trying to sell them? Or are they going with the bike? I went with the 4 into 2 from Mark as I like the look of pipes on both sides.
Your pictures inspired me to take these pictures!

No not for sale alone, goes with the bike. I will not part this bike out, either sell it hole or going to ride it.

......... vs. kerker 4 to 1 ? I think Sean has a project on-going to finish this debate . :clapping:

I had the Kerker before my Marks. It made great power, with the stage 7 and the PCW 39 mm flat slides. Only issue I had with the Kerker was fit and finish. Also the packing blew out, and became VERY loud...which isn't a bad thing.

looks like mark has a 4-2 14" cans deal for $699 right now! wow thats cheap for a system.

i thought u were gonna leave sally alone danny!

hahahah

Latest posts

Back