I have a aneurysm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The medication has been KILLING ME !
Finally got them to change some of them a month ago , so at least I feel a little better .

Dude....not sure how i missed this....wtf....
You still got same number...we need to chat

Good News , Finally Had The Open Heart Surgery , Was Out Of Work For 3 Months , Finally Went Back To Work 2 Weeks Ago !
They Fixed The Aneurism , Installed One New Valve And When They Were In There They Saw That One Of My Other Valves Were Bad So They Cut It Apart And Reassembled It With Some Type Of Mesh , I Was On The Table For Almost 8 Hours , I’m Just Glad To Be Alive ! ......
The Medications Are Screwing With Me Some , I Go Back To The Cardiologist
This Thursday To Deal With The Meds !

Hi Tim, so-glad to hear you're taken care-of. Do just as they say, if you have side-effects, promptly report them. Hopefully you will be able to make a complete recovery.

Good News , Finally Had The Open Heart Surgery , Was Out Of Work For 3 Months , Finally Went Back To Work 2 Weeks Ago !
They Fixed The Aneurism , Installed One New Valve And When They Were In There They Saw That One Of My Other Valves Were Bad So They Cut It Apart And Reassembled It With Some Type Of Mesh , I Was On The Table For Almost 8 Hours , I’m Just Glad To Be Alive ! ......
The Medications Are Screwing With Me Some , I Go Back To The Cardiologist
This Thursday To Deal With The Meds !
Damnit man!

What a comeback! Well done!

COP RUNNER. Best of luck with your recovery! Had open heart about 11 yrs ago to repair a valve as well. Wasn't a lot of fun for recovery. Had a pile of issues that I hope you never experience. Been so lucky as to actually have just had a defibrillator installed due to some issues that are ongoing. So far my "warranty repair" didn't go quite a smooth as I hoped. I just recently have had my license yanked due to this so I guess my Street Glide and Ducati will go up for sale in the Spring. Going to keep my '86 Max and just run it up and down the strip. Screw it I guess, at least I can still get some riding in for 1320 foot increments.

Take care of yourself and remember to live a little along the way. Life can eventually get in the way and take the fun away unexpectedly.

So… A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor of a Vmax when he spotted a world-famous heart surgeon in his shop. The heart surgeon was waiting for the service manager to come take a look at his bike.

The mechanic shouted across the garage, “Hey Doc can I ask you a question?” The famous surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic working on the motorcycle.

The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, “So Doc, look at this engine. I also can open it up, take valves out, fix’em, put in new parts and when I finish this will work just like a new one. So how come I get a pittance and you get the really big money, when you and I are doing basically the same work?”

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic, “Try doing it while it’s running.”

2 logical reasons for aneurism:
1.high blood pressure (bad nutrition, overweight, no exercise)
2.protein deficiency,(arteries tissue is not rebuilding itself)

You are not off the hook, most likely all reasons are still there.

3rd reason is genetic, and first post says these were hereditary.

Take it is easy & wishing you a speedy recovery.

Eating habits are learned behavior?

Aneurysms can occur with the above mentioned but aging vessels and genetics are the most common causes especially in small vessels.
Skinny people get aneurysms as common as overweight ones but the weight puts much more stress on the heart and backs up the veins leading to metabolic syndrome from excessive fatty acids....
Valves go bad when the heart is not in sync so a bad mitral or aortic valve puts stress on the rest of the heart.
Great to have them all repaired and it will take many months of cardiac rehab to feel better. Also don't wait 11 years to see another cardiologist and glad to hear you get through it well...

Latest posts

Back