Semantics

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it kind of funny when I walk into a room with my leather jacket on and my helmet in hand and then I get asked, "Oh, you drive a bike?" My usual response is, "Yes, I ride a bike!!"

If I have the time, I'll tell them,

You might, drive a car, fly a plane, or sail a boat. You may also ride a horse but it sounds a little odd to say, "Drive a horse....."

Hey...I'm a Paramedic....and have always been refered to as an "Ambulance driver". The thing that I couldnt understand, why arent there "Fire truck drivers" and "Cop car drivers" ?

Hey...I'm a Paramedic....and have always been refered to as an "Ambulance driver". The thing that I couldnt understand, why arent there "Fire truck drivers" and "Cop car drivers" ?

There are , we just call them Firemen ( not pc correct as I'm sure there are Firewomen also ) and Police Officers . I would think they also drive to work and at work , as you do , and we are all grateful you are a Paramedic first and a driver of a vehicle , way down the list of things you do for the public. Sorry for the dumbmasses out there. :punk:

Sorta like I consider myself a motorcyclist, rather than a biker. And instead of a "doo-rag", I wear a "helmet liner". Same-o, same-o.

No thing against the volunteers, as there are more of them in the USA than those working for a paycheck, but I always recall what one of my friends said after we were hired, "I'm not a fireman, I'm a paid, professional firefighter!" We were both going through the training for EMT and then paramedic, this was 39 years-ago.

If you look at the Dept. of Labor job descriptions, there is one for 'ambulance driver,' just as there is for firefighter and paramedic. Combine 'em, & ya gotta screen-name. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back