Low fuel light question...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I left work with 109 miles on the trip odometer; usually at around 115 to 118 miles the low fuel light would normally kick on. Well it didn't, so I rode on knowing that I should be able to make it into town at about 120 or 125. Well I pull to the gas station with 129 on the clock and still no low fuel light. I fill up and it stops at 3.85 gallons. So I feed it a little more and it stops at 4.02 gallons. What gives? Is there a way to check the proper operation of that low fuel sensor?

From the bottom of the tank you can follow the wire up to near the rear brake reservoir behind the riders RH side cover. Check continuity on the two wire connection. I should take a picture of my broken sensor that I just replaced to show how mine broke.

From the bottom of the tank you can follow the wire up to near the rear brake reservoir behind the riders RH side cover. Check continuity on the two wire connection. I should take a picture of my broken sensor that I just replaced to show how mine broke.

Thanks, Brian!!! BTW, did you give up on redheads and switch to blondes now??? :ummm:

Did you do a bulb check Frank? All the indicator lights should light up when you press the start button. The bulb is part of the circuitry also for the Res switch circuitry. Like Red bone suggested check the continuity of the fuel sending unit and the connection of the sending unit. I keep hearing about the low fuel light relay but I have never seen any one post a pic of it. If some one will chime in on this fuel light relay's location or a pic of it, it may also be something to check.

Never! I'm just giving blondes a little exposure, just to be fair to all!
I must say though that I get more :damn angry: responses when the redheads take a break.

thats right brian....red means go......red means go hahaha love the red....

Back